Total Equipment Protection On Non-Verizon Sold Phone?
icelazer

I just activated a new Google Nexus 6P (Bought From Google). My account says the line/phone is eligible for Total Equipment Protection through Verizon. Am I actually eligible? How does that work since Verizon doesn't sell the phone? An agent over chat said I should add it if it will let me

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Total Equipment Protection On Non-Verizon Sold Phone?
Tidbits
Legend

No you are not.

Snn5
Legend

Wait for your Google Protect email and you can get that when the Nexus 6P is eligible.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

He will not be even from Google.  If you want the protection you have to order it on the spot with the phone.  Only Fi customers can get it within 30 days of ordering it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I was calling it Google Protect for some reason...Nexus Protect.

This is the Fi Link, might not work since I was singed into my account:

Project Fi

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
icelazer

I did add Nexus Protect when I ordered it. I just had TEP on my last phone (that I had bought from Verizon) and liked it. Also TEP covers Theft/Loss and Nexus Protect doesn't (at least I don't think so). Just wondering if TEP was an option since it said eligible and Verizon correctly identified my phone and listed as eligible

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, you have to have bought the phone from Verizon to use Verizon protection.  If you by-passed Nexus Protect at checkout, then you are out of luck. 

Increase coverage with Nexus Protect - Google Store Help

From the Fi site:

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I found it funny and I verfied this twice with Google.  If I used my Fi account I could have added the protection later, but since I didn't I couldn't add it because it has to be on checkout.  I didn't see the difference.

OP- Might want to check out Square or some other 3rd party insurance.  Some of them have lower deductibles and are just as good if not better than Assurant/Assurion.

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, more Google inconsistencies.