Re: Total Dead Zone
Weth
Legend

You can easily keep your number by porting it to a different provider. That is not a problem and is commonly done. Experience shows if you are waiting for better coverage or a new tower, you are just guaranteeing frustration. There are many areas just like yours competing for the next tower. The USA is a BIG place.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well in all honesty if you are the primary on an account and getting someone else's discount that should be null and void. You can also keep your number if you port over to another carrier unless the prefix is protected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern Arreola. We value your long time loyalty and don't want to lose you.

Are you having the service issue only while inside the school?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Arreola, We hope you get help from Verizon. If not, you will have to take pherson and others' advice to switch carrier. We've been with AT&T since the day it was called Cingular. My wife made a mistake switching to Verizon and now our son's family, who resides in Studio City, Los Angeles is paying the price. They have been telling us about their horrible coverage and we got to witness it first hand over the weekend of April 23, 24, 2016, when visiting them. All our phones (four Android and one Iphone) were constantly switching between 3G to 1X to no service. Utilizing our phones were not an option while inside the house. What scary is they have two small children and who knows what happens if they need to call 911 service with their phones. When you are in a panic mode, you can not think straight by running outside while looking at your phone for good signal before making and hoping your call goes through. We are in the process of switching back to AT&T. We just hope Verizon fixes their dead zones reported by their customers and live up to be the number-one carrier as they claim they are. Thank you for reading our problem.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

IF the service is bad they can also get a landline. Cells were not meant to replace landlines.