Told wrong information regarding activation fees.
BEACHSTEAD1

On 11-22 I purchased a new tablet for your promo for .99.  The rep told me there would be no activation fee.   Today she calls me and says she made a mistake and I do have to pay an activation fee because I had an old tablet.  I think for customer relations Verizon should have eaten the cost for this.  Not fair to your customers. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Told wrong information regarding activation fees.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you were upgrading from an existing tablet line, that is technically an upgrade fee not an activation fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Told wrong information regarding activation fees.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BEACHSTEAD1

Unexpected fees are never fun, and we will be more than happy to look into this to ensure you were billed correctly. Was this a new line of service or an upgrade of an existing line? The reason that is important is to ensure we are addressing this issue correctly. As Ann154 mentioned, there are different fees. When upgrading an existing line, you're billed an upgrade fee to cover the costs associated with connecting the new device upgrade, including transferring contacts and data, offering online device tutorials and continued support after you've activated the phone. If this was a brand new line of service, there is typically an activation fee unless there is a promotion waiving said fee or unless you have an employee discount that waives the fee. Do you have an employee discount that waives those fees?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes