Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

Exactly Tidbits. If people with 3G smartphone were so upset with the optimization they were being put through they could have easily upgraded to a 4G phone at anytime. And since 3G phones are limited to 3.5 Mbps at best, a 4G smartphone even with optimization would still feel much faster.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can tell you first hand where I live that Verizon contacted the town government and said that the Methodist Church was willing to lease it for $30,000.00 a year to plug up the coverage in this town.

Now remember the people were for it, the church was for it and Verizon wireless was completely for it being a ten year lease. But the town board turned down the churches request. Siteing zoning laws and aesthetic reasons.

It was going to be in the steeple. So everyone suffers for short sighted people. A real shame.

On a part of 87 North in the Adirondack Park after years of discussions and years of no service finally they erected a much needed cell tower, it was made in the shape of a huge evergreen tree. You would not know it was a tower. Great job Verizon did. Everyone wins.

Years ago in an apartment I lived in, the fire station had a huge American Flag pole out in front. It was in fact a huge Verizon wireless tower. This tower supplied cell service to state government offices and thousands of residents where there was spotty or no service before.

So I personally wish they had more towers. They can put one in my back yard since I would benefit greatly.

Good Luck

M9
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't call paying 600$ for a new phone easily upgrading to a 4G phone

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

In responce to tidbits "no you don't pay 100.00$ for unlimited data". Yes I do. I am forced to pay 39.99 for voice that I don't want, don't need, don't use. I have an employer issued dumb phone for the rare occasion I need voice. My HTC one max is strictly a data consumption device for me. I pay 29.99 for unlimited data. I pay 30.00 for unlimited hot spot. I pay 3.00 for roadside assistance. I pay 5.00 to 10.00 in bull crap fees.U do the math. I pay for my data. And for that 100$+ each month, at home I am lucky to get 3G with 1 bar of service, it often falls to 1X or no service. Luckily I am rarely at home.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Grabbing straws here man. You are not forced to pay for a luxury.  You CHOOSE to pay for a luxury. 

M9
Contributor - Level 1

No I am not. VZW shouldn't make people pay 4 voice that don't want it.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

I think VZW should be careful about the FCC. They could suffer the same fate Ma Bell suffered a few decades back.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The breakup was due to non competition.

And even after the break up there is competition, but prices have soared higher and higher.

The Sherman Anti Trust Act would not apply. Verizon is not a monopoly.

Good Luck

Tidbits
Legend

M9 wrote:

No I am not. VZW shouldn't make people pay 4 voice that don't want it.

People shouldn't do business, and not pay for something they don't want to pay for.  That speaks louder than what you are doing.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

VZW has a monopoly in my area.

Sent from my HTC One max on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

0 Likes