This will be my last Verizon Contract
gdelliott

I walked in to a Verizon Store on Sunday to remove a line from my plan due to a divorce (daughter's line - she got a new number rather than transferring this one). The store manager would not even entertain waiving or reducing the early termination fee (basic phone) under the circumstances. Had her salesperson try to sell me on getting the money back by switching to the unlimited talk and text plan  - which I already told him I wanted to do. This is not customer service for existing customers, it's a shell game.

Now I will be an ex-customer as soon as my smart phone contract is up - and I mean the minute it expires. I don't know why I thought customer loyalty would count for something. My bad I guess.

Time to start shopping around....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This will be my last Verizon Contract
budone
Legend

Why should VZW lose money due to your divorce??? 

Also you are not a loyal customer, but a satisfied customer. BIG difference. (Well former satisfied customer) Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: This will be my last Verizon Contract
rcschnoor
Legend

Absolutely, budone!

Back when you signed your contract, you were happy to accept the $100+ subsidy in order to get a lower priced phone. Paying the ETF is Verizon's way of recouping the subsidy YOU accepted by agreeing to continue service for 24 months. YOU now want to back out on YOUR side of the bargain. How could that possibly be considered being loyal? Sounds more like a "what have you done for me lately" customer, not a "loyal" customer! Of course Verizon should recoup some of their subsidy.

Good luck with your next provider. Maybe they will decide not to follow their policies if you try the same thing with them.

0 Likes