This could be the end of my Verizon relationship
Gibie

I have been a very loyal customer since 1996 (then Airtouch), even staying after all my friends (mobile to mobile gone) left for Sprint when the iPhone came out.  I have had nothing but issues the past year due to the fact that my plan is old... So much for taking care of your loyal customers!!! I have, okay now HAD, a plan with unlimited text messaging; however it did not include pictures because my plan predates such a thing.  So after many, many bills where I was charged $.25 per picture message, I inquired about adding on picture messaging.  The MULTIPLE Verizon employees I talked to called this an ADD-ON (implying I was adding something on NOT taking what I had away).  I even explicitly asked over and over, I am not changing my current plan, right??? I am just adding pictures, which I can take off anytime I'd like, right??? "YES" I was told.  "You are not changing your plan, simply adding on picture messaging and SMS."

Flash forward to getting my new bill, TWICE the cost of my normal bill and of course I freak out.  I call Verizon and am told I may not be able to go back to the plan that I have had for years and years.  EVEN THOUGH I ASKED, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER, EVEN THOUGH I TRIPLE CHECKED THAT NOTHING WOULD CHANGE FROM MY PLAN.  Now I have had to submit an 'inquiry' regarding whether or not I can get my rightfully deserved text messaging (which should have never been taken away) returned to me.

Even better question, if I have unlimited text messaging, but it doesn't include pictures/SMS - causing me to have to purchase an "add-on" which can only be done by an inclusive package that is text/pictures/SMS  (thereby taking away my original texting plan), then shouldn't it have been included in my plan all along???  How is it separate in one case but only given as a package in another case? Is it together/same or separate/different???  Verizon, if this isn't resolved, I am leaving. I cannot take the lack of customer care, rude phone employees, and the fact that they have zero ability to resolve anything.  FIX THIS!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This could be the end of my Verizon relationship
kraz

I totally agree with you.  I had the same exact problem, I lost my old plan.  I had totally got jipped!  I have been a loyal customer for 12 years.  My added on line two years ago just got turned off being shy of 2 months for the contract of 2 yrs.  They charge me $75.  Well I'm not going to pay it.  And that is that!  I'd say 'leave them', they don't care about us and never will.

0 Likes
Re: This could be the end of my Verizon relationship
Not applicable

Loyalty? Why do people even mention that? I've been "loyal" to McDonald's for 40 years. Why aren't my Big Macs 90% off? Way to take care of "loyal" customers McDonald's! Now I'm going to threaten to never eat there again!

I doubt your bill is DOUBLE. That's hyperbole.