The same spammer keeps calling me. I've blocked his/her number, but the number keeps changing, and they keep leaving the same foriegn language voicemails. How can I stop/block him/her?
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Over the past couple of days I've been receiving numerous (for lack of a better term) spam phone calls. Each time its come in its a number I don't recognize, so I've picked to decline the call. Recently I learned how to assign those numbers as blocked callers on my HTC One M8 phone (by going to call history holding down on the number until “block caller” is listed in the drop down menu). That has prevented the phone from ringing when this person calls from a number I've blocked in the dialer. However, that hasn't stopped this person (or machine) completely and they keep leaving me the same short voice mail in some foreign language. Is there a way to block this person from leaving me voicemail as well? (I'm getting tired of having to continually go in, listen to the same annoying voicemail, and then delete them).

Somehow the person or machine is changing what number it shows on the incoming calls (even though I know its the same person from the voice mails). (Otherwise I'd just use my free 5 block call allotment here on the Verizon my account section). According to my call log here are the numbers and times of the problem person:

***-285-7100 (Mon, Jan 25) (twice)

***-285-7100 (Fri, Apr 😎

***-285-7100 (Mon, May 30)

***-714-4009 (Fri, Jun 3) (twice)

***-770-6394 (Fri, Aug 5)

***-417-7402 (Sun Aug 7) (twice)

***-586-3882 (Sun Aug 7) (four times)

***-374-7808 (Tue, Aug 9) (twice)

***-285-7100 (yesterday) (three times)

***-373-1990 (yesterday)

***-725-4800 (today 5:47pm, 6:08pm, 7:18pm)

***2775063 (today 7:59pm)

***-725-4800 (today 10:06pm)

Anyone have suggestions on how to stop this person?

Labels (1)
Re: The same spammer keeps calling me. I've blocked his/her number, but the number keeps changing, and they keep leaving the same foriegn language voicemails. How can I stop/block him/her?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Changing your phone number would be the most effective way, since then they would not know your new number, and couldn't call you anymore.

Re: The same spammer keeps calling me. I've blocked his/her number, but the number keeps changing, and they keep leaving the same foriegn language voicemails. How can I stop/block him/her?
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion deloused, but I'm not interested in contacting everyone I know to tell them my number has changed, memorize a new number to tell people, and change my number for places I shop at, notify my banks and credit card companies. I'd much rather block the spammers. I've got a new phone, so I plan to use that (since I hear it has additional spam blocking options that my old one didn't). Hopefully that will put at stop to them bothering me...

I'm still open to other suggestions if other people have them.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

deloused​ option was the best one. Think about it: if I were calling you from spoofed numbers everyday. How could you block it? You can't; aside from changing your number. That however opens up a can of worms. So instead of drclining the calls, answer them and tell them to stop.

0 Likes
sweetlibralady

I have the same issue... I think I will change my number as well. Thanks deloused!

0 Likes
TIMSOCAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's amazing to me that Verizon allows "spoofed numbers" to operate freely on their network.  This could EASILY be fixed, and I'm more than tired of these annoying calls.  Shame on you people.

Re: The same spammer keeps calling me. I've blocked his/her number, but the number keeps changing, and they keep leaving the same foriegn language voi
mountwe
Enthusiast - Level 1

And so when it happens again - it will - what then? You can't change your phone number every time you get spammed. Which I did yesterday (7/15/20). I got so frustrated that I filed a complaint with the FCC. I'm holding my breath waiting for help there!

As far as "answer them an tell them to stop" - bleeeeeah!! In my case it was an autovoice saying to call this number. Tell them to stop. Cute!

0 Likes
Re: The same spammer keeps calling me. I've blocked his/her number, but the number keeps changing, and they keep leaving the same foriegn language voi
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
Re: The same spammer keeps calling me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're receiving unwanted spam calls and we apologize for your inconvenience. The good news is that Verizon offers several options to help block numbers, calls, ads, text messages, and emails. Please visit our website to view these options at http://spr.ly/6601GXsgV. We're confident that this information will be helpful to you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes