The WORST customer experience EVER!!!!
lmbaker

Having been a Verizon customer for years I made an assumption (my first mistake) that my loyalty was valued--what a joke!!!!  My daughter used her upgrade to get a brand new iPhone 5S last Monday.   The experience was pleasant enough even though it included the usual "up-selling" of accessories.  Two employees demonstrated the supreme powers of the new tempered glass screen protectors and raved about the protection afforded by the new product.  The salesman installed the tempered glass on the phone along with the newly purchased Otterbox before we left the store.

On Thursday (yes 3 days later) my daughter noticed a hairline crack in her phone despite having barely used the device as it was left at home while she was at an event where she was not permitted to have a phone.  Needless to say, we went back to the Verizon store (NOT an authorized retailer) feeling optimistic they would continue their eagerness to help their customer just as they do when making a new sale.  However, that was NOT the experience.  Upon walking in the store the store manager took my name and asked me why we were visiting.  When I explained the situation, he put me in queue and informed the salesperson who would be helping me of the situation.  Within minutes I was told there was nothing they could do that the screen had to have cracked due to abuse of some sort.  My argument about the fact they had no problem over-selling the protective devices was not met with sympathy and was told since we didn't have another available upgrade to replace the phone (YES the phone that was not even a week old) there was "good news."  The "good news" was that the phone was insured and we could pay the $179 deductible to have the BRAND NEW PHONE REPLACED...WITH A REFURBISHED PRODUCT!!!!   I was pleasantly reminded it was better than paying $700 to replace the phone! 

Absolutely infuriated I left the store vowing NEVER EVER to purchase another phone or anything else from a Verizon store!!!  I also made sure everyone I know was made aware of the apathy demonstrated by the store employees.  We drove to a nearby Apple store and after 3 hours of waiting around, Apple fixed the phone at NO CHARGE with NO HASSLE!  The technician told us it was a defective display and that the phone hadn't been damaged as suggested by the Verizon store employee. 

Fully understanding Apple cares about their brand, it only took a few minutes and a couple of Verizon store employees to send a very strong message...they don't care about their customers and once you walk out the door it's no longer their problem!  I have since cancelled insurance on all 5 phones on our plan and am counting the days until I can get out of the contract!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The WORST customer experience EVER!!!!
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Yeah always go to apple first they are the experts.  I'm not so sure I would cancel insurance. What if it's lost or stolen?