Duplicate posting removed. 

The post content can be viewed at

<< Post edited to comply with   >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: The Public weighs in on shared data plans
marienabend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wait...is that true? Because if I can apply my employee discount to the total price (292), I'd only be paying $238 (minus taxes) for 4 smartphones, 1 dumbphone, and 6gb of data. I'd upgrade to 8gb then. That's only 20 more than I pay right now for 2 smartphones, 3 dumbphones, 2gbs and an unlimited data plan.

If this is true, than I say huzzah to this new shared data plan.

0 Likes
barbinxs

I am lost! i would like a smart phone...although I never use my phone for anything but talk and text. But the monthly data charge is bringing my bill up to the same that one of the share everything plans would cost.....but I hear awful things about this plan....yikes!

0 Likes
odnarud

This new plan is absolutely terrible for people who plan to be on their own plan, such as myself.  I've been with verizon since I had my first cell phone, around 10 years ago.  I thought I'd never leave, and I was finally about to upgrade to a smart phone but this new plan is so terrible I will most likely be switching to ATT now.... disappointed in VZN. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You do not have to change your plan. You may keep the plan you have. But if you have unlimited data and want to keep it, you will have to pay full price for a new device

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

odnarud wrote:

This new plan is absolutely terrible for people who plan to be on their own plan, such as myself.  I've been with verizon since I had my first cell phone, around 10 years ago.  I thought I'd never leave, and I was finally about to upgrade to a smart phone but this new plan is so terrible I will most likely be switching to ATT now.... disappointed in VZN. 

if you don't already have a smartphone, then NOTHING has changed for you. upgrade to a smartphone, with your current plan, and select the individual data plan of 2 gigs/month for $30. this option is still available to you and would have been your only option prior to the new plans.

rhondaweasley

Same here, I'm on the fence about continuing on with Verizon. Verizon has completely abandoned the single device - single person user in their plan design (if I dare upgrade - I extend my contract and I'm forced into this new system). 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

rhondaweasley wrote:

Same here, I'm on the fence about continuing on with Verizon. Verizon has completely abandoned the single device - single person user in their plan design (if I dare upgrade - I extend my contract and I'm forced into this new system). 

Uh...  What???  Did you just respond without reading the various other posts?  Just look at the post above yours.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Extending your contract does not force you onto the Shared Everything plan, i.e.,

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/

I have an unlimited data plan on my account. Do I need to change it?

You're not required to move to Share Everything but if you do, unlimited data will not be retained on your line. As a Verizon Wireless customer you have choices when you upgrade at discounted pricing. You can choose from a standalone data package starting at $30 for 2GB or a Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited is important to you, you can choose to upgrade and pay full retail price for the phone.

AZSALUKI
Legend

most of them don't read. i've tried to convey this message since before the new plans even started. i don't know why i bother? i suppose i should just let them go sign up for the share plans. sigh.

i do believe many read the OP and reply directly to it. at least, based on these forums and many rplies that are directly to the OP's, that's what i figure.