The LTE Scam you are doing
CCH93

I find it completely ridiculous that Verizon Wireless is charging this much money for only small amounts of data, Most people already pay for their movie apps and things, So when we go to watch them, we can only watch a few episodes before data runs out, as if there is a shortage of data and it must be rationed to each customer.... looks to me like a scam.  My job requires me to use a large amount of data (15-20gigs) which is over 200 dollars a month.. totally insane.  i feel like we are being scammed.  The other companies that give you unlimited data are only fast speeds for a few gigs and then it slows down.  I think people are sick of it.  If you want more customers, be more affordable.  Verizon so far has a pretty good reputation.  Its slowly starting to move into the category with comcast which isnt a good thing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The LTE Scam you are doing
Tidbits
Legend

Block C rules they can't throttle people so everything must remain high speed. If you want it to be like other carrier petition the FCC to remove those rules. Also make them not apply the same rules to other carriers when they purchase new spectrum going forward. You can't have it both ways sadly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CCH93, having the data that you need is important. These days we are all using it, from young children to seniors, data is everywhere. I understand that you need high amounts for work, any chance that your company would reimburse you for that expense? This way, you would have the data you need without the hit to your pocketbook.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BoulderGeek
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is a profiteering corporation.  Yes, exactly like Comcast.

They will charge 100% of what they can extort people to pay. The US has been sold to the corporations, and your life belongs to them.  You have no rights if you are not a consumer.

Until there is a mass exodus, don't expect any leniency on rates.  They are manipulating Unlimited Data Plan users to be forced from the services that they have been paying multiple premiums for.  Nobody makes money on voice calls or SMS messages any more. But, your life's services need data connectivity like you need air. If they could squeeze you to pay for air and water, they would.  Until then, you pay for data, and Verizon will be remorseless.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You pay Netflix (or similar) a monthly fee for access to their content.  You pay Verizon monthly fees to use their network so that you can access Netflix's content.  It's like renting a house and having no road to travel to get to it after work.  Got to have a road, someone has to maintain it, someone has to pay to use it, otherwise it's not needed.

rcschnoor
Legend

CCH93 wrote:

I find it completely ridiculous that Verizon Wireless is charging this much money for only small amounts of data, Most people already pay for their movie apps and things, So when we go to watch them, we can only watch a few episodes before data runs out, as if there is a shortage of data and it must be rationed to each customer.... looks to me like a scam.

Exactly, those "movie apps and things" are deceivingly priced low because they DO NOT pay for the delivery of the content to your phone. I pay for a movie ticket at the theater, that does not include my transportation to the theater, same as a movie on your movie app. I pay for a ticket to a sporting event, that does not include my transportation to the sporting event.

CCH93 wrote:

My job requires me to use a large amount of data (15-20gigs) which is over 200 dollars a month.. totally insane.  i feel like we are being scammed.

You ARE being scammed, by your employer who is "requiring" you to use that large/expensive amount of data without reimbursing you.