Texting problem
walter1579
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I am an AT&T customer. As of 2 months ago I cannot receive any texts from Verizon phones. I can text them but they get "blocked" when then reply or text. AT&T has been trying to solve this for 2 months and insist Verizon must be blocking my number. I bought a new phone and 2 sim cards.  Please help, I'm desperate! Phone # is [removed]. Jim

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting problem
walter1579
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new update, as of 6/8 I can receive texts. I have received texts from 3 Verizon friends ( out of 3 that have tried). If anybody did anything to fix this, THANK YOU! Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't see why Verizon would block their customers from texting you. Or even how that could be done.

Is this happening from everyone you now that is a Verizon customer or just certain people?

0 Likes
walter1579
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding. This happens with all Verizon people I know (about a dozen). I can text to them, they can't text to me. Their messages "don't hit the AT&T servers". If I could get someone from verizon tech support to send me a test message and trace it they might see what's going on. Verizon won't talk to me as I am not their customer. One of my Verizon friends tried to talk to tech support but no success yet. He can't call me any more either tho the others can still call. Any support is appreciated. Thanks, Jim [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
walter1579
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new update, as of 6/8 I can receive texts. I have received texts from 3 Verizon friends ( out of 3 that have tried). If anybody did anything to fix this, THANK YOU! Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

walter1579,

Thank you for providing us with this update. We are certainly excited to see that everything is working. Please let us know if you run into any further troubles. We are always here to help in any way we can.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Harmude

I'm having the same problem in this chain. I am a Verizon customer on Pixel 1. It is updated to Android 9.  

Every text from an AT+T customer is delayed, many don't arrive at all. How do I solve this as its becoming a serious issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Harmude, 

We always want your texting messaging to be working properly on your Pixel device. It concerns us to hear you have been having these issues. We'd like to gather further details from you. When did this issue first begin? Is it just with AT&T customers or do you see issues with others as well? Is it just with receiving texts messages or sending them, too? 

ChristineK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TABIZUNO27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this problem right now! My Husband has AT & T and he is not getting any of my messages at all. Its very irritating it just started happening a few days ago before it was fine. This needs a permanent fix. I see this has been going on for years when I read this thread

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes