Texting Problem
MAPPER01

I routinely send/receive text messages with a StraightTalk customer in a nearby community.  In last few weeks messages are being delayed (often receiving several at once) and now some are completely missing.  This is absolutely horrible service.  How do I go about getting this problem corrected?  Is this a Verizon or StraightTalk issue or is it a problem with an independently owned cell tower service?  How can this happen anyway?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting Problem
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

We would never want you to miss an important message. Let's work to resolve this issue for you. Are you experiencing this issue with others? What message app are you using? Does this person receive your messages on time?

0 Likes
MAPPER01

When I first noticed the problem a few months ago I was using the preloaded texting app on my Motorola Droid Maxx and the other party was using the preloaded texting app on a Samsung S4. Some messages would just be randomly missing in either direction. Sometimes messages would get delayed by many minutes and show up as a batch. Those delayed messages might even be out of order when received. The other party changed to a new Motorola MotoX Pure Edition using the preloaded texting app with StraightTalk as the carrier. The texting problems remained exactly the same. We both then started using MOOD as our texting app. The texting problems are unchanged....some randomly permanently missing and some delayed by significant time frames.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

MAPPER01,

Let’s keep working towards a solution. Do you only notice this issue with this specific contact and do they only notice it with you? Are you able to call this customer without any issues? Does the issue affect both text messages and picture messages? Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing back.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MAPPER01

Yes, this problem seems to be with this specific contact and they only notice the problem with my messages. The problem seems to be in either direction. There are occasional dropped voice calls with this contact, also. It does not seem to matter which party initiates the call. I have not noticed any problems with picture messages other than sometimes being much slower than other times.

0 Likes
MAPPER01

This is absolutely ridiculous! I had one text message that was delayed about 4 hours today...GEEZ!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You'll have actually call and submit a trouble ticket. But these are common prepaid service issues. That's how/why the service is a lot cheaper

0 Likes