Text messages backed up to Cloud
beccawnc

I backed my things up to Cloud a couple of months ago when I had to replace phone including my text messages. I can't find the text messages in the Cloud. Can you please tell me where to find them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages backed up to Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello beccawnc,

I'd be happy to help you solve this mystery! What make & model phone did you have? Did you have Verizon Messags installed on it?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beccawnc

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I have been looking all over the Verizon website to find it and can't seem to find the text messages. I thought I had Verizon Messages on the phone...that is text messaging right? I know when I backed up to Cloud, it asked if I wanted to back up text messages and I did. Then I was able to put them on my new phone. I was just switching the same make and model due to a broken port. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, beccawnc. Have you downloaded the Verizon Cloud app to your phone or are you working directly on the website? Please ensure you have the latest version of Verizon Cloud. From the application's main screen, select menu which is located in the upper right, then select Sync All Now. Please ensure you are connected to WiFi to avoid data usage.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beccawnc

i don't remember if i downloaded Verizon Cloud to my phone or not. I assumed it was on there when I backed everything up because when re-installed everything to my new phone, even the old text messages moved over. The only thing that didn't move over was my calendar.

The reason I am needing to know is because someone got into my Verizon account online. I had some professionally sensitive information in the text messages. This information has been made known. The only way this information would have gotten out is for someone to get into my cloud as I do not leave my phone anywhere out of my sight. So, I am trying to find where online this person may have accessed my text messages. It had to be done online, it is the only way.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What device do you have?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

From cloud go to tools and choose content restore see if texts are available.  If not use the gcloud in future or sms backup+ from play store last one syncs to Google and gcloud gives 1st of storage for different categories.  When I do vcloud restore for sms they are kind if random

0 Likes
kahikilaulani

<< Duplicate post removed.  Please see understanding cloud for original question and responses. >>

0 Likes