Text Message limit?
EJK823

I have recently set up GB data limits on my families phone.  I have unlimited talk and text.  However when the data limits are reached text message do not go through any longer. Anyone now why this would be.  Once we would get home and connect to wifi all the messages then appear. I would think the two are not related at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message limit?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are these iPhones using iMessages or different phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EJK823

Sorry.  All phones are IPhones and on the Verizon wireless network (including mine, but I have an unlimited data plan).  The phones are set up for i message as well.  However once the data limit is reached none of the 3 phones can send or receive text message to any phone on any network (friends, family etc) only until we get home and connect back to wifi to they see all the messages.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

iMessages uses data to transfer the messages and not the 1x voice network. The phones need to be setup to send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

Good rule of thumb for iOS

Blue = data

Green = SMS(text)

If you want all your messages to use SMS(text) then you have to turn off iMessages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have all the facts, EJK823. That is correct, when your data limits have been reached, your iMessage will not worked because that function runs specifically on data. Do you have the send as SMS box checked under your messages setting?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EJK823

both imessage and the sms message buttons are turned on.  Thats my issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Until the billing cycle starts again, EJK823, we recommend turning the iMessages off as described in step 3 here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203042/ . This will allow the traffic of texts to resume, as regular texts do not use data.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EJK823

I am still having an issue.  imessage is turned off.  When I reach my data limit my text message stop being sent/received until I get home and attach to my wifi.  Any possible reason for this

0 Likes