Terrible speeds and coverage in Hawaii
erikkarma808

Why is LTE so slow and coverage so BAD on Big Island of Hawaii? Verizon's coverage map is a total lie. My ATT work phone is way faster with HSPA+. My verizon "LTE" has zero upload and 4mbps download. This is what I'm paying so much for?!? Already opened a ticket and they texted that there are "coverage issues" on the island. Yeah, no  [Removed] Why does the coverage MAP say otherwise? Verizon is a terrible company with non existent support.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible speeds and coverage in Hawaii
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they create a trouble ticket to figure out why it could be slow?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
erikkarma808

Yes. As I said in the post, a trouble ticket was opened and they just said there were coverage issues on the Big Island. So the Verizon customer coverage map that shows the entire island blanketed in LTE, was apparently just a ploy to get people like me to switch. We will be switching back to T-Mobile, at least they don't blatantly LIE about their coverage map. The Verizon map is a complete fantasy and you guys shouldn't be getting away with advertising that way.

-Erik

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What phone and what part of the BI do you live at? At least the zip code.

0 Likes
erikkarma808

Both mine and my wife's phone have bad coverage. iPhone 6s Plus and Note 5.

We live 1.4 miles from the Verizon tower and at best I get is 2 bars of LTE. Most often it drops to unusable 3G or 1x and I have to keep toggling airplane mode on and off to get any LTE. The commute to work each day is just as bad with way more dropped calls than I ever experienced with ATT or TMo. And only small pockets of LTE- it's mostly 3G, 1x, or No Service. My work phone from ATT has either 4G HSPA+ or LTE and it doesn't drop calls.

Our home address is [Removed] HI 96737

-Erik

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
erikkarma808

So, nothing huh? No more response? Better matters? What a terrible company with terrible overpriced service.

-Erik

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community forum and not a direct link to Customer Support. The community member you responded might not have returned to the forum yet to see your response.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I posted a whole response and it didn't load...

I am not a Verizon employee, but checking some maps you are in a bad area for certain frequencies.  AT&T over amps their towers which is a good/bad thing.  You actually get more dropped calls, and sporadic network speeds doing this.