Terrible service in and around my neighborhood - Lower Makefield, PA
JPG5347

Ever since we bought our house last year, we have had little to no service inside and around our home.  All our neighbors have switched from VZW because of the dead zone we are in.  WiFi has saved us but when we lose power from storms, we have no contact with the outside world.  Even when we leave the development, it takes about 1/2 mile in any direction to get any type of LTE back. 

Please can someone provide a solution to this without having to buy an extender?  The service map online says the service in our area is GREAT which is a complete lie. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible service in and around my neighborhood - Lower Makefield, PA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JPG5347,

It is never good to hear you are having issues with service in your area. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. What zip code are you in? What services are impacted(calls, text, data)? What make and model phones are you using?

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JPG5347

It impacts calls, text, and data

iPhone 6s, iPhone 7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, JPG5347. Let's continue to dig into this. WiFi is great to use for calls and data. What happens when using the phone for calls, text, and data? Do you experience the same issues away from your home?

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JPG5347

Honestly, even the WiFi doesn't give us perfect service within our house.  Calls still break up and sometimes text messages to non Apple users fail.  Data seems to work okay within the house but it is weaker in certain areas of the home.   Outside of the home and within about a mile radius, without WiFi, there is zero service.  Cannot even open up GPS to provide proper directions.  It really is an issue within about a mile of our house even though the Coverage map shows that we have full 4G coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your map, JPG5347. A big clue I see is the Five Mile Woods Preserve nearby. The signal penetration can be challenge by the forest.  No need to worry, however - because Verizon has several options available to make sure you get the highest quality service in these situations. If available, you can enable HD Voice, which provides even better call quality over Verizon's LTE network.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203078

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes