Terrible service at my house
Ethical_Minor

Hi, I have been with Verizon for 17 months, and I have always had this problem where my phone switches to roaming, or has terrible reception to where calls are dropped or texts aren't sent while at my house. It never really was a problem, but has become one as of late since my first child was born and I'm not able to receive phone calls or text updates from my girlfriend while she is at home with our child. I don't know if there is something I can do to fix this, or maybe I just need to pay the ETF and switch to another carrier that has better reception at my house. If I do switch, how much would the ETF be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible service at my house
Tidbits
Legend

$180 if it's a smartphone contract. $85 if it's a basic line.

0 Likes
Ethical_Minor

I also forgot to mention that I added my girlfriend on in November 2013 and a hotspot in August of 2013, so I will have to pay for them as well. Is there anything I can do to help with the service at my house or should I just leave Verizon?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No carrier promises coverage in buildings. There's too many factors involved. You can see if they can give your a femtocell(sp?).

If not try another carrier.

0 Likes
Ethical_Minor

I will give that a try, it's not necessarily always in my house. Even outdoors whenever I pull into my neighborhood all reception seems to disappear. I will check on the femtocell though. Thanks

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Could be your phone and not the network. Do you know anyone around you that also have Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to lose you Ethical_Minor! Let's find out what's going on with your service. What zip code are you in? What make & model phone do you have? Did this just start recently, or has it been this way for a while?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ethical_Minor

My zip code is 89129 and I have the samsung galaxy s4. It has been happening basically since I got the phone. I don't want to leave Verizon either, but it's really hard when I can't get any phone calls or texts.

0 Likes