Terrible reception at home
jocelynicole04

I have an iPhone 6 and I get TERRIBLE reception at home. Almost always "1x". My calls always get cut off and I have a terrible time sending picture messages to people who don't use iMessage (guessing that is because iMessage will use wifi if it's available). I really don't want to spend money on a network extender. Is there anything else I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible reception at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jocelynicole04,

Sorry to hear about trouble with reception at home. I know how important it is to have a working cell phone at all times. Does the signal get better when you go outside of the house? Also, how long has this been going on for? Thanks for any feedback you can provide us.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jocelynicole04

It gets somewhat better if I go outside. I never get 3G or LTE at home. Even during walks in my neighborhood, my internet services don't get better, although my calls rarely drop if I am outside. I never got great service while i have lived at this address (2 years) but for the past 3 weeks, it has gotten worse with the dropped phone calls, and the text and picture messages that won't go through to people who don't use IMessage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand your concern with not getting the best signal. Since it does slightly improve outdoors, we'll have you check a few settings. Ensure that data roaming is turned on under settings, cellular, roaming (both voice and data should be turned on). Please give that a try and let us know if it makes a difference.

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes