Re: Terrible fraud department and Verizon harassing me
dgilor
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I understand, the trouble ticket may be used for accessing the information on the ticket online. Something like a FedEx tracking number. The account number cannot be used for anything. Especially on a closed account.

0 Likes
dgilor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have just received a call from Verizon HQ that they have handled the incident and all the results of the identity theft have been removed. This is without me having to give more personal information.

Thank you for listening.

NA2803
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey dgilor,

I have been having the exact same issue with the fraud department.  Has your issue been resolved?  My identity was stolen back in late OCT early NOV, and STILL have no resolution.  Just got the collections notice today, despite the fact the fraud department already told me they sent it to legal and I shouldn't receive it.

0 Likes
VerizonFraudsme

I am dealing with a very similar situation and can't get anywhere with Verizon!! The level of fraud in my situation is unreal!  Someone has added a line to my acct as well as purchased a phone! Not even 3 hrs later when I notice the charges I called immediately to report it.  I told them to pull the video footage to see we only purchased a screen protector and made some changes to our account. We then left with no phone! Their employee must have kept our account open and set up the line after we left. That was over 2 weeks ago and I still have no answers or resolution! Not to mention I am having to pay for this thief to have a phone! They won't cancel the line or it will charge me $250 to pay off the phone! They will not remove the almost $200 in charges. Times are very hard during this pandemic and we can't afford to pay for Verizons fraud! I called the phone number added to our account tonight and a women speaking spanish answers then hangs up not long after I speak.  I guess I now need to call the cops, the FCC, the Attorney Generals office, KVUE news!!!  We have been loyal Verizon customers for almost 10 years and this is how we are treated. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes