Terrible customer service
courtney0526
Enthusiast - Level 2

DOes anyone know how to file a complaint against their lack of customer service and not wanting to help their long time customers out? It's pretty pathetic when you've been a customer for years upon years with an account in good standing and they still can't do anything for you. They advertise they are the nations largest 4G LTE network yet for almost 2 years my phone fluctuates from LTE to 3G. Here's a new SIM card that'll fix it. Ummm no actually it didn't meanwhile the lady at the store rips my phone out of the case and the screen seperates from the actual phone so now I'm being told I can't trade it in on a new one because it's damaged. Even though I pay 9.99 extra a month they say you can file a claim but they fail to tell you that'll cost you 169.00 dollars extra. Pathetic verizon that you can't connect my phone to 4G and your in store personnel now has damaged it to the point I can't upgrade without paying 200.00 for a new phone or 169.00 for a replacement then another 100.00 to upgrade. Bout to be an AT&T customer this week.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Terrible customer service
Not applicable

To your first question, on your bill there is a corospondance address you send a real letter and voice your concern. Or click on the contact us located on every page of this web site and write of your displeasure.

However since you never read the terms of the Asurion supplement insurance I cannot see why this is an issue.

Your device just like other forms of insurance carry a deductible.

$169 and they swap it out for you. Its in the plan booklet that is provided to you. http://www.phoneclaim.com/Verizon

Verizon does not insure your phone. And if the case was holding your screen together or if you knew the screen was loose then when the store employee removed it and the screen came loose that really was not intentional. What if they said remove your protective case and it happen to you, would you still blame the store employee?

Use the link above and file your claim. If you don't you pay what ever for a new device and the upgrade fee which is $30 not $100.

Good Luck

0 Likes
courtney0526
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off they just threw the insurance in there and never gave me any paperwork so that junk will be canceled anyway because it's a total joke. Secondly it still doesn't change the fact that they can't fix it where I'm actually on 4G not 3G so that is their problem and the phone was fine until yesterday minus the issue with it not connecting to 4G. She even said I don't know how that happened because clearly there is no water damage and no evidence of it being dropped or damaged since there are no scratches or dents on the phone. They used to be good about looking out for their customers and would replace devices and what not when your account was in good standing and now it's the same story "were sorry there is nothing we can do."

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon cannot guarantee total 4 G LTE at any or all times. No carrier can. Can be many reasons why you get 3G over 4G. Sprint sell unlimited 3G/4G and read the net. They are lucky if you get 3G most of the time.

Same holds for T-Mobile. They advertised the fastest 4G LTE but they don't have that nor the largest 4G, how could they? Think.

Verizon and AT&T have the largest buildouts. But no place can be 100% guaranteed 4G

Good Luck

0 Likes
courtney0526
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get what you're saying and thanks for trying to help. My issue with that is that it makes no sense what so ever when I have people over to my house and they have the same phone with Verizon and they can sit next to me with 4G. It's just their lack of wanting to try and resolve the issues as the lagging sense of urgency to want to help or explain. All I hear is "we don't know what the problem is. It doesn't make sense to us and they've seen what I'm talking about."

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

Courtney, I see you send from an iPhone. Did you go into settings and make sure LTE is set to on? (Green)

Do your friends that visit have Apple iphones or a different devices?

Sometimes the radios in iphones, androids or windows phones are of different configurations or signal strengths.

http://www.apple.com/support/iPhone

This site link may have similar issues and fixes. Well worth visiting.

Post back let me know how it works out.

0 Likes
courtney0526
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea the settings are on properly and yes they have the iPhone 5 as well. I contacted apple support but haven't heard anything yet. This is the 2nd phone I've gotten from apple since jan of 2012. Few months after the first one the lock screen button came off the hinge so they replaced the phone and this one has just been issue after issue. Thank you for sending me the link but I already tried. Just no response from the test they were supposed to run.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

The best thing to do is see if there is an Apple Store close to you. I have one about 3 miles away but I live in a big city with big shopping malls.

The lock/power button issues are covered 100% by apple. Its at the support link I sent you.

The Apple store can just fix or replace it on the spot. I cannot fathom what settings that differ from your friends phones? Maybe they would let you compare settings.

Another thing is the case on iphones. I don't use a full cover case but a protective rubberized band around the device, this I have found makes radio reception greater than a full cover.

I would also go to another place that you know has 4G LTE and see if it is stable. If it is then you know it has to be just in your area that your radio signal is weird. Since other like devices have 4G I would narrow it to yet another bad iPhone.

0 Likes
courtney0526
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's exactly what I am going to do in regards to going back to apple. It's weird because since i got the phone, it's never given me 4G. I think I just got another bad phone for the second time. Thanks for all of your suggestions though. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad to help. Hope it all works out for you.Smiley Happy

0 Likes