Terrible customer service lately. What's changed?
IWantAnA2

I've always been happy with Verizon's customer service until recently. A few weeks ago, I had to call customer service and was on the phone for over two hours. I had placed an online order, which went through, I received my confirmation email with order number, etc... I chose the phones to be overnighted. Around 3pm the next day (I had placed the original order around 10pm the previous night), I still hadn't had any notice that the phones were shipped, so I called customer care. They told me that although I had processed the order, they were waiting on payment. This was odd, as I'm sure it wouldn't have let me complete the order without my payment, and I checked my card statement and the payment had processed. From Verizon's end... They could do nothing but charge me again to get the phones out. So, after two phone calls, I cancelled the order and attempted to place my order online again... Which I wasn't able to do because the previous order was still outstanding. So, I called again, and was finally able to place my order online the next day. This sucked, because I had paid for the phones to be overnighted in time for my girlfriends daughters birthday. Unfortunately, it arrived the day after.

Last night, on a separate order (I have 10 lines, so it seems like someone's always getting something new), I ordered an iPhone 6S Plus. I ordered it around 5:30pm EST, with the hope that it would ship that day (Thursday). It didn't, which was my fault for waiting until that late in the afternoon. The options available were for next day shipping, and I had selected next day shipping. When I called Verizon this morning to see if the phone would be delivered on Saturday (tomorrow), they said no, Monday. So, I asked if they could just change the shipping method to next day Saturday delivery. I explained my saga up to now to the initial rep (who was very nice), and she transferred me... And I had to explain it all again. The next rep told me I'd have to cancel the order because a shipping label was generated. I said, that's fine, let's cancel it. She told me I needed to wait about an hour for it to clear, then call back and reorder. So, I waited, then called back and was on the phone for an hour and a half. The rep told me he would call me back in half an hour when the replacement order was ready. He never called back. So, I call back again, update my contact information with the new rep to give to the original rep, just in case they lost it. Still, no call back. Then I get a notification from FedEx that my package shipped... Not the new one, the one that was supposed to be cancelled. Fine. I call FedEx to see if I can pick it just pick it up at the location tomorrow. It turns out that Verizon had called FedEx to request that it be returned, which makes sense if they were going to ship me another one for Saturday delivery. I called Verizon again to inquire about it, and the next rep told me that no one was working on it anymore, so I guess I wouldn't get a call back regardless. This rep was pleasant, and he immediately leveled with me and gave me options and solutions. He offered to call FedEx to have the package reissued, which he did. He said if Verizon had just called FedEx in the morning to request Saturday delivery, it would be here tomorrow. This just boggles my mind.

What's happened in the last few years that Verizon's customer care centers just can't deal with these issues? No call back, constantly transferred, etc...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service lately. What's changed?
phjalu
Enthusiast - Level 2

for every competent rep there are 9 incompetent ones. I feel your pain as today I was on my third call to customer care and it just feels like Im being taken in circles with these people.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You called late in the day and or evening and expected it the next day? Second, it's just a phone, why is it that high a priority?

0 Likes
IWantAnA2

I didn't call late in the day, I called this morning at 9:30 am.

I have a phone thats only responsive on half of the screen, and eligible for new equipment.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Your post said 10pm, and then 530 pm. You cannot call that late and expect next day shipping.

0 Likes
MuleyHunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain.

I have been with Verizon since they came to Arizona.  I refuse to step foot in their retail stores because their representatives are arrogant and don't seem to care about their current customers. I am surprised that upper management has not been involved.  When I express my dissatisfaction with their stores...their reply is..."We hear that all the time."  If that is true...I am shocked that no one has done anything about it!  SAD!!!!

Lately the customer service number is spotty.  I have been lied to 4 times by them.  I am not sure who to believe when I speak with someone.  I was instructed to go into the store and had to go in 3 times (against my wishes).  All three times, they refused to look at the notes in my account and take the time to listen to me.  Their reply is...we can't do that, I don't care what your notes say and I am not looking at the notes.  I leave frustrated each time.

Lately their customer service number has not been good! 
It is frustrating that they care more about getting NEW customers and NOT caring about current customers.  I had two lines and canceled on already.  I just ordered a phone which I was told would be here within two days.  Well a supervisor forgot to hit the submit button so now I will get my phone over a week after ordering.  UNACCEPTABLE!!!

When I finally receive my phone...i will not activate it.  I am looking at different carriers!!!

Good luck to you!!

0 Likes