Terrible customer service and poor training.
Finley_A

I recently splintered off an existing verizon account and decided to stay with Verizon.. for now. When claiming liability for my number I was disconnected after giving the rep all of my personal info in a public place(I have no service in my apt), minus my DL# which he did not tell me I would need until the call was underway. I told him i was going to lose service and he claimed he would call me back. When the call did drop he called back, but I could not answer the call because I had no service and when I called back from outside in my car 3 min later, he had gone on break, the rep I was talking to at the time left her desk to go to a different floor for 15 min before she could not find him and told me he was on break, so i had to give out my personal information in public again. After my credit came back clean I told her that i wanted the $60 single line plan that i was offered in the store, she set me up for the more everything plan for $10 more and transferred me to tech support to deal with the issue of me not having steady service in my apt. Tech support put me on a 96 hour investigation watch during which they watched as i failed to send and receive calls and texts for days, and when i contacted them again today I was transferred to 2 different reps in 2 different departments who both took notes and then tried to sell me additional equipment that they had furnished for free when I lived elsewhere, and offered to change me over to plans that did not actually exist. It's pretty clear from the past week that all I have dealt with have been mistitled, poorly trained salespeople.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service and poor training.
mama23dogs
Legend

I Assume you have a phone, so you don't need to buy one. 

problem 1 getting disconnected and missing call back.  Not their fault.

problem 2 if you wanted a single line plan, you should have asked for it.  You can change the plan. 

I Assume they offered you a network extender so you could get service at home.

WHat plans did they offer you that as you say, do not exist?

0 Likes
Finley_A

I have a phone from an existing plan. I told him of the disconnect issue before he took any info. I was inside less than 5 minutes. I asked for a single line plan. they offered me a month to month plan with unlimited talk and text, no contract for $50, and when I agreed to that they then told me there is a year contract. I Told him we had barely come close to using 1 shared gig, he kept searching for 2gig plans.

He did offer to sell me a network extender, which even he described as quite pricey.One was furnished for free for us when I lived 15 min away and had the exact same issue. I am not going to pay several hundred dollars for a piece of equipment just to be able to pay them more money monthly. I use my phone for work, so one day a week i have to get up every hour and walk around outside until i can establish service for messages.

As soon as i have a house guest who can get service here I'll be switching providers and getting an updated phone for free.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you are on a month to month plan, you should try prepaid.   $45 a month with 1 GB of data and a second GB if you go with auto pay.

you still have 14 days from when you signed up to recind any agreement.  Don't wait.  If they gave you a special rate (which isn't so special for you) and put you under a contract, (not cool when you own the phone), you will be charged ETFs if you leave before 1 year.  (Again, not cool)

FYI. There is no such thing as a free phone.   One way or another you pay for your phone.

0 Likes