Terrible Customer Service
barryr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today I visited the Cross County store in Yonkers, NY.  A phone rep instructed me to bring one of my phones into a Verizon store and have the representative note that in my account record.  The manager of the store, whose name is Crystal refused to accept my phone and insisted that all she could do was give me a Fed Ex label to ship the phone someplace.  I explained that the phone rep would be following up with me at 4pm today and expected to see the notation in my account record.  Crystal refused to take ownership of the problem, was rude to me and at one point, when I became too insistent for her, told me that perhaps I should go to another location.  This total lack of concern for her customer is a clear indication that she should be in a position where she will never have contact with customers.  Perhaps she should have taken the phone, noted the fact in the account record and if she thought the phone should be shipped somewhere, ship it herself.  She certainly had the resources to do that and she should not have placed the burden on me.

Verizon corporate, get your act together.  Discipline Crystal, train her, fire her, give her a stockroom job or do whatever it takes to make sure this never happens again.  She is the face of Verizon to those she comes in contact with.  Is who you want representing your company to the public?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service
Poet67

Today I was told that I should switch companies. That Verizon doesn't need old customers because they get plenty of new customers.  I was told that it isn't a big deal to them if I leave because I think their $30 upgrade fee are unfair. I was told that I should switch today and that they will be glad to disconnect our phones and gladly charge us an early termination for the last two months on our contracts. 

Verizon wireless has obviously decided that they are too big and rich to care about or keep customers. 

What a sad shame. It really reflects the state of business which is to cheat the customer as much as possible and then forget that customer and find a new one.

I am so disappointed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Poet67, I regret to hear that you were treated this way and we certainly don't want you to leave. We appreciate all of our customers, both new and seasoned. I understand that no one is excited to hear the word fee, but devices have become more advanced and have evolved to mini computers. We have kept our upgrade fee low and our two largest competitors' upgrade and activation fees are higher than Verizon Wireless' comparable charges. Verizon has the largest high-speed wireless network in America. That means you get connections from a network you can trust.

If you're considering switching to a competitor in order to avoid the upgrade fee, our competitors will charge an activation fee for your new line of service. In addition, when you decide to upgrade down the line, they will also charge an upgrade fee.
Our upgrades come with many benefits, including: Trade-In program, Free Wireless Workshops, Device setup at the Point of Sale, Express (Self) Serve options: including My Verizon, My Verizon Express, My Verizon Mobile, and Exciting device and services promotions.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Poet67

Unfortunately, customers who cannot afford your advanced  phones and just wish to have basic service are paying for the technology for those who like to spend over a hundred dollars a month to have internet.  We have a family of four people and cannot afford the smart phones. Those using the technology should be the ones paying for it. There should not be an across-the-board fee for all users. This is akin to making everybody pay country club fees because they live in the same country as those who pay the fees and get to use the country club.

Verizon used to care about customer service. Customers used to matter.  It is sad to see Verizon go the way of other companies and treat customers (especially loyal customers who have been overcharged for years) with no respect.

0 Likes
phony-smartphone

<Duplicate deleted for crossposting per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Bxessence04

Today I experienced the worst customer service I've ever had. I walked into the Verizon Wireless store on Bartow ave (Bronx, NY) to buy a Galaxy Note 3 and a customer service rep. Signed me in the system so I waited to be helped but after an hour of waiting they never called me and when I finally hear my name it was somebody else. When I asked why I hadn't been call I was told I wasn't in the system. So I turned around and asked the rep. That signed me in why I wasn't in the system she replied maybe They took you out and she turned around and continued to help somebody else. This store has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. The sad part is that's not the first time. Verizon really need to look into this store!. ASAP!!!. last time I visit that store.

0 Likes