Re: Teacher Discount
Ukeplayer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven’t yet had my first bill, so I can’t say for sure that I’m getting my teacher discount, and I’ve been misled on so many other things that I wouldn’t be surprised if this, too, turned out to be a scam. But, having said that, I did find out from one of the many Verizon agents I’ve had to speak with in the last 2 weeks that there were steps that you have to take that aren’t very clearly outlined. She walked me through it. I forget exactly, but I think you may have to sign in to that ID.me site and click something to complete the registration. Unfortunately, my best advice is to,get on the phone with an agent and have them walk you through the process. 
This is where the information should be, but I don’t think it is complete:

https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-discount-registration/

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

When the Verizon Executive Office helped me, they asked if I had registered at ID.me (I had) and they also wanted to see my teaching certificate, which I believe ID.me asked for as well. Luckily, I had all my ducks in a row and they could not deny me. The use of ID.me is not very smooth to say the least...it does not communicate well with the Verizon site. The agents are mostly not trained on how this is supposed to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We heard you loud and clear, the last thing we would want is to leave you empty-handed without a resolution for your account concerns. Titanicdog2, please message us in private to better assist with your concerns today. We would never want a experience to be left unresolved.  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Pauly2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for sharing this, I have been battling for our promised discount since March.

Verizon has done everything to dodge their promise, even blamed IDMe for their horrible service.

It is now 6 months later and time to begin my own social media complaints.

I hope you were eventually credited,

Paul

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's is problematic that the  discount process has been a hassle. This is not the experience we want for you.  Which discount did you apply for? What is the reason you have not received the credits? 

0 Likes
Mustang1980

I can also attest that this process is extremely problematic.  My wife is a teacher and we have walked through this process twice.  Each time was with the assistance of a Verizon customer service representative.  On September 21, 2020 her validation status was validated by the Verizon customer service representative(see screen shot of chat below), but when I reviewed the current bill we were told that she had applied for an employee discount.  The only solution would be to  validate her credentials again through another portal.  I guess Verizon only really cares about the promotional page advertising their commitment to supporting teachers, and not to actually providing the discount to the teachers.  If they had to actually follow through with their promotion it would really cut into their bottom line.

Verizon Conversation 1 (002).png

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't give up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly understand your frustration with the conflicting information, and we'd be glad to help ensure things are all sorted out. Please send us a Private Message, so we can look into this right away. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
nekbatani
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.   I am having the same exact issue and have wasted so much valuable time on this issue.  I still getting the run around from every rep I have had to talk to without any solution.  I provided everything they asked for from the day I made the changes to my account (June 2020) and qualified for the discount but still have not had anything applied to my account and I am continuously being given a different answer for Verizon's failure to address this issue.  If you have any contact information for the executive level to resolve this problem please share it.  I

I will be reporting this on social media as well for the lack of support and false advertisement and they will loose me as a long standing cellular client with 4 phone lines.  

Thanks for any information you can provide.

N.E.

0 Likes
nekbatani
Enthusiast - Level 1

How does one message you in private?

I am having the same issue as others on this thread and have not received my teacher discount as promised by Verizon even though I have gone through multiple processes and provided the information which I was asked to do when the sales rep (as well as numerous other customer service reps I had to contact to follow up) sold me on this upgrade by providing the assurance that I as a essential worker will have my discount applied to my account by the first billing cycle showing the change.  

I have wasted so much valuable time and energy on this issue already and I am exhausted by the lack of professionalism and help by your agents.  I still getting the run around from every rep I have had to talk to (7 or 8 ...starting to loose count!)   I provided everything you asked for from the day I made the changes to my account and qualified for the discount and that was in June of 2020 and I still have not had anything applied to my account and I am continuously being given a different answer for Verizon's failure to address this issue.  Please contact me ASAP if you have a resolution for this issue.  I will be making my own post on this issue as well and not just following up on this thread.  This was my first time using this thread so I figured I would give it a try.

If this issue is not resolved by Friday Oct. 23, 20, I will be reporting this on social media for the lack of support and false advertisement.  You will also loose me as a long standing cellular client with 4 phone lines.  This discount needs to be backdated to the 1st billing cycle specially because I provided everything that I was asked to provide and the failure to process and apply the discount is the fault of your company.  

Thanks for any information you can provide.

N.E.

0 Likes