Re: Tablet Scam
mama23dogs
Legend

2015 is going down as the "Year of the NOT FREE tablet promotions". 

As a regular on the forum, I see new posts amost every day from customers who had an unwanted tablet forced on them, because it was "FREE". 

Verizon needs to understand this effects public perception very negatively and discontinue the practice of "FREE" tablet Promotions.   Since the trend is away from 2 year contracts, and into device payments, why not split the price? 

$5 device payment and $5 tablet fee.  Collect the sales tax upfront.  Much harder to cover up the sale this way.

THe perpetrators of these scams are most often authorized retailers, not real Verizon stores.  As customers, we can do the talking with our wallets,  by not doing business with those stores and report shady sales we experience in any corporate stores to Verizon HQ.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Customers who have a good experience tell an average of 2 people. 

Customers who have a bad experience tell an average of 10 people.

~~~~~~~~~~

jacyj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I was informed by a very helpful woman at customer service yesterday

morning that no such promotions have ever existed. She also informed me

that she was very disturbed that the store manager would mislead me and she

apologized for the situation I have been put in. So, yes, things were

"explained", but your PC response is not the way to resolve this situation.

The explanation you are referring to came after the fact, when I reached

out to Verizon for help with this situation. I should have been given a

full explanation when I was in the store and the tablet was forced on me.

I will be waiting for your call.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

If you buy something with AMEX you can call them and they will help.

Return Protection - Frequently Asked Questions - American Express®

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jacyj Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, today. I am very sorry about the frustration the store experience has caused. Please let us know what happens once you speak with the store manager.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jacyj
Enthusiast - Level 2

After speaking with 4 separate people and almost an hour on the phone, I have been told that the issue will be passed to a supervisor and I will hear something in 2-3 days! I am still very frustrated and dissatisfied with the situation. While the customer service reps are friendly and professional, they clearly do lot have the ability to correct or rectify any situations. It is very difficult to get to a supervisor or anyone in a decision making role.

Jacy

nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry to hear that Jacy. I hope it works out for you.

0 Likes
jacyj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! It's mind boggling to me to see how many people have been put in this very same situation. I hope Verizon can make it right for everyone.

Jacy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jacyj! I wanted to follow up with you and verify your concerns have been addressed. Please let us know and we will be happy to further assist you. Thanks in advance for your time & patience.

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jacyj
Enthusiast - Level 2

They have been addressed, but not resolved. I have been told that I am waiting on a response from the store manager's manager...

Jacy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jacyj,

We understand and are still here for support if you have additional questions or concerns so please keep us updated. You can also see all the ways to get in touch with us, including our Live Chat, on our Contact Us page here http://vz.to/1DrCyiX.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes