TERRIBLE Customer Service.
azanghi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so disappointed in Verizon  all together, not only for their terrible customer service lately, but also for them offering a non-competitive prepaid service plan, or any competitive family plans. See I am no longer on a contract with them and was looking into their prepaid plan which is a joke, not only for cost but for them only offering two Android phones to choose from, and then having a different coverage map to boot!!!! Doesn't seem they really want to offer the prepaid plan but were forced into it because the other carriers have them. And then don't even think about calling them and asking questions about the prepaid plan because the customer service people don't want to help you.

Because I felt the Verizon prepaid plan was not great I started looking at AT&T and low and behold their "No Contract" plan is actually pretty good. See just for the sake of discussion I could get a prepaid plan for $25 or $15(when picking over 6gb of data) access line charge and then you pick your bucket of data, which might I add is LESS expensive than Verizons. So say for two phones ( 2x$25 access line) with 1GB of data $25,  my monthly cost would be $75, compared to Verizons prepaid at $45 x2 that includes 500 GB of data would be $90, with a lesser coverage map and tons of restrictions and also did I mention only two Android phones to pick from? I asked Verizon if they could match AT&T price and they did everything in their power to skirt around my question, trying to confuse me by offering the Edge and so forth. All I kept saying is can you match AT& T's price as it is a saving of $15/month and they finally said "NO".

That day I went and got my self an AT& T GO phone so I could check the coverage and make sure it is comparable and I have to say that it is. I get the same exact coverage and a little better actually because it even works in places that my Verizon service had dead spots; YES I went to every area where I knew I had Verizon dead spots. I carried both the Verizon and AT&T phones just so I could be sure.......

So now I sit and wait and watch what is going on with all of these carriers and then once I am ready I am going to jump ship......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TERRIBLE Customer Service.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well at least you did your research.

Best wishes at your new provider.

0 Likes