Switching phones
ceggly

I have two phones on payment plan, and my wife just got a new phone through work paid for. I would like to take her old phone over since it's newer than mine if she puts her current sim card on the new phone and I put mine in the old one, would that affect our payment plans at all? I don't want a surprise 200 dollar bill! I have been searching these forums like crazy trying to find an answer. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Re: Switching phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ceggly, We can relate to your need to not receive a surprise bill. Additional charges are never welcome. Help is here. To clarify, will you be changing the numbers or lines or simply the equipment? KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
ceggly

Just switching equipment. So the new phone she got from work will go on her line and the phone(currently has 13 months left on device plan) that she currently has on her line will transfer to my current number while and the one currently on my number we were just planning on finishing the 5 months of payments and keep it for emergency. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ceggly, Okay got it. Thank you for the additional details. The great news is that you will not incur any additional charges or penalties for moving and using your wife's phone on your line of service. Here's a link that will take you right to your My Verizon account to help with processing the SIM Swap/Activation:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/browse/devicechange/home.jsp. Please be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.  TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes