Switching Phones
Emmah_01

So, last week at work I dropped my iphone 4 (with an otterbox on it) and the screen shorted out so I can no longer use it. I have switched back to my old phone (a Samsung Brightside that I HATE) and my boyfriend just offered to let me use his old droid until my next upgrade. Do I need to take it into the store to switch phones yet again or is there a way I can switch without driving across town again? Also I assume that since his droid is no longer in use that it would be okay that I use it....but then again there are so many stupid little details with Verizon that I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching Phones
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the Droid is a 4G device, you will need to get a SIM card to activate it (they are free at a corporate Verizon store).  If it is an older, 3G device, you should be able to activate it by dialing *228, option 1, and following the prompts.

What make and model is the Droid phone you are borrowing?

0 Likes
Emmah_01

It's the droid Razr M thats probably a year and a half old? I dont exactly remember. Its the same as the droid razr m listed on the verizon site. Either way, thanks for the answer! It was super helpful:)

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad I was able to help!  The Droid RazrM is a 4G device, so you would need a SIM card.  There may be one in the phone already - but it needs to be linked to your account, not your bf's.  If you do have the SIM card, call 800-922-0204 on a landline or other phone and a rep can get it activated with the SIM card # and the device ESN.

0 Likes