Switching Contracts
sapphireheart

I am getting married in October and am wondering how to go about switching from my parents' contract to my fiance's.  Can I simply move a current contract over to his account?  Do I get to keep my grandfathered-in rates?  Or, I have an upgrade/contract renewal coming up in the semi-near future, do I need to just let the one on the old account run out and then start all over on his account? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching Contracts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The easiest option is to complete an Assumption of Liability to transfer the responsibility of your line from your parents' account to your future husband's account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Switching Contracts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear sapphireheart,

Good morning. First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you on your upcoming marriage! Making the switch to your fiance's account is easy. It would be my pleasure to address your account concerns.

I would like to thank our community member Ann154, who is exactly correct! The easiest way to transfer your current number to your fiances Verizon Wireless account is to process an Assumption Of Liability. In order to do this, the Account Owner would need to provide us with authorization to allow your fiance to take over the line. For more information regarding our Assumption Of Liability process click http://vz.to/147KO4j If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be more than happy to further assist you. Have a great weekend!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes