Re: Switched to unlimited plan, now it is slow.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the importance of making sure you are on a plan that will best suit your needs kimmitty. We want you to have the fastest speeds available.

We can review your account and make sure you're on the plan that best suits your usage. Please reply to the Direct Message I sent you so we can access your account.

As mentioned by your fellow community members, there are some differences between the Go Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited. With the Go Unlimited when streaming videos you will have 480p resolution, as oppose to 720p with the Beyond Unlimited plan.

In regards to using the Mobile Hotspot, on the Go Unlimited plan you have unlimited mobile hotspot data at speeds up to 600kbps. With Beyond Unlimited, you have unlimited mobile hotspot (up to 15 GB per line at 4G LTE speeds; above 15 GB at speeds up to 600 Kbps). This is why you may have notice a difference with the speeds when using mobile hotspot. You can view all this info here http://vz.to/2dSoS9m.

I look forward to your Direct Message so we may further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
P3ERNIE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to be on Verizon's original unlimited data plan that came out around 2004 and I was grandfathered in for the longest time. When this new unlimited plan came out, the agent I spoke to assured me I should switch as there would be absolutely no change in my service. I questioned her several times as it sounded all too good to be true. My service is so slow now I constantly have to connect to wifi. I used to be proud of being on Verizon for it's signal strength and now I'm the one asking people what service provider they use.. Moderators, please don't bother asking me what zip code I am in or how much data I use. Nothing has changed since I switched over to the new data plan. My usage, my location all have been the same except now my bill shows nearly double in my data usage which is impossible. Unless like someone else posted, the Verizon towers are being hacked or purposely slowed down...

Trueserus0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue I have a iphone 8 and have had non stop slow service and random dropped calls complained multiple times on multiple level bottem line is verizon doesnt care I even bout a cheap 50$ prepaid phone with them just to test my phones against each other and I had the same speed and same horrible service on both phones switching to verizon was one of the worst decision I made 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize to hear that you feel this way. We strive to provide the best service and experience at all times.You having slow data and dropped calls concerns us and we are here to turn this around. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
pastorjdh
Enthusiast - Level 2

You got scammed by Verizon's marketing strategy. The "go" or "start unlimited" was never meant to be a legitimate service for anyone who ever actually uses the internet on their phone. Even for very low data users like myself (under 2Gb per month), it is completely worthless when it comes to watching any videos no matter how low the definition is.  It is also abysmal trying to video chat or anything like that. The low tier plan is simply to get you in the door and then offer you something that will actually work after you realize how bad it is. As you can see, this is exactly what the Verison reps here are attempting to do. They won't type it here, but if you chat with them or call they will tell you point-blank that the low tier unlimited plan is not for streaming ANY videos. All the advertising that says it limits video streaming to Standard Definition NEVER says you will be able to stream videos in standard definition. It really means that in a best-case scenario you may be able to stream a very low-quality video if no one else is using their phones in your area. The vast majority of the time, you will get dial-up like congested speed and just watch your phone freeze and buffer. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your service. Are you experiencing issues indoors or outdoors? What model is your device and is the software up to date

0 Likes