Switch from two separate contracts to single share everything account: does early termination fee apply?
gayisgreat

Is an early termination fee applied if my sister (who is halfway through a 2-year contract) moves her phone line off of her own contract and onto a new share everything contract with me (in my name)?

I've spoken with two customer service reps at 800 922 0204 who've said yes and no.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switch from two separate contracts to single share everything account: does early termination fee apply?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Gayisgreat!

It is so much more cost effective to have your family on a Share Everything plan!  I will be delighted to clear this up and I apologize for any confusion.

I think it may be in the way the question is presented so I want to cover all bases.

Scenario 1: Your sister retains her Verizon Wireless phone number and her current Verizon Wireless phone and we process an Assumption of Liability(AOL) into your name.

Answer: The Early Termination Fee(ETF) does not apply as nothing is being terminated. You are now assuming the responsibility of the phone number and the ETF. If you cancelled/disconnected the number later you would be bound to the contract terms.

Scenario 2: You add a new line of service to your account for your sister to use and cancel the other account.

Answer: Yes the ETF would apply and I wouldn't recommend this.

Scenario 3: Your sister isn't currently a Verizon Wireless customer.

Answer: I'm not sure, it depends on if she's still in contract with her current provider, but she can check to see if she can port her number here http://bit.ly/qDhvBY

I have to assume this is probably revolving around scenario 1 which means you will be just fine. She has to give us permission first for you to take over her number, but that's easy!

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes