Suspending a line
NutellaKiller
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to suspend just one of the line because I am traveling overseas. I remember the suspension period used to me 3mon. maxed. But recently my device has been only being suspended for a day... I have the share everything plan and I do not want to pay $40 + tax every month for a phone I do not use... nor log in everyday to suspend... Can someone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suspending a line
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iwantanswers, I definitely want to help figure out what is going on! Online you should definitely be able to process a suspension for a 90 day period. Our system will only allow two 90 days suspensions in a rolling 12 month period. Are you trying to suspend a line beyond the maximum 180 days? Do you receive an error when trying to process the suspension?

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NutellaKiller

I hope that you have a wonderful trip overseas! May I ask what country will you be visiting? We have options to have your services suspended in your absence. Can I assume that you are interested in having your services suspended without billing? If so then please send us a private message so we can update your account with your request.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
NutellaKiller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear ArnettH_VZW:

I am traveling in South Korea.

And please suspend my account without billing.

I would greatly appreciciate it espcially if until December.

On Jun 23, 2014 9:13 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up, NutellaKiller. I have sent you a follow request to ensure that I'm able to receive the account information needed. Please follow back and message.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
iwantanswers

I am having the same exact problem - I am currently abroad and have been suspending my line.  The suspension was up, and when I tried to suspend the line again, it would only allow me to suspend one day at a time, not to mention the suspension didn't even go through.  Please explain why this is happening?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iwantanswers, I definitely want to help figure out what is going on! Online you should definitely be able to process a suspension for a 90 day period. Our system will only allow two 90 days suspensions in a rolling 12 month period. Are you trying to suspend a line beyond the maximum 180 days? Do you receive an error when trying to process the suspension?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
iwantanswers

Thank you so much.  So I have had the two 90-day suspensions.  However, when I signed the contract, I was told that I can suspend the line without billing, without such restrictions.  I had checked with Verizon about this (I distinctly remember this, as I inquired with other wireless companies as well to figure out what the best policy would be for my circumstances) because I already knew at the point of re-signing a contract that I would be abroad for an extended period of time.  I'm not sure if this was a change in policy after I signed the contract, but I wouldn't have extended my contract with Verizon if I had known there was a limit to how long I can suspend the line for.  I would greatly appreciate any help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iwantanswers

Thank you for those details! Currently, our system only allows for 2 90-day suspensions within 12 months. Since you have been able to use these already, we would not be able to apply a suspension to the line until the total number of days the line has been suspended is under 180 in the past 12 months.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
iwantanswers

Hi Ruth-  Thank you for your response.  Is it possible for me to have a private conversation with you?  This was not the policy when I signed the contract, as I inquired about an extended absence from the United States that would go longer than 180 days.  I wouldn't have extended my contract with Verizon without confirming that I was able to suspend the line for a year, as I knew I would be abroad for at least a one-year period.  I would greatly appreciate your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Of course we can, iwantanswers! I just sent you a private message, please reply back so that we can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes