Suspend Jetpack reconnected before 90 days
lehrblogger

I have a Jetpack that I use when traveling, and otherwise keep suspended. I last suspended the device on September 26th, and made a note to re-suspend it in December if necessary. To my surprise, I got a bill a couple days ago – the device had reactivated without my knowledge on October 7th, and I was being charged for nearly a month of service that I didn't want.

I called customer support to figure out what happened. The woman I talked with informed me of a maximum of 180 days of suspension in a 12-month period, so my device must have hit that limit and reactivated without notifying me. (Note that this is different from the limit of two 90-day suspensions in a 12-month period. If I had encountered that max, I would not have been able to suspend the device in the first place; this does not explain the mysterious reactivation.) I then looked for documentation of this policy on Verizon's website – perhaps there was fine print I failed to read – but could not find anything.

I then went to a physical Verizon store, and the man I spoke with there found documentation of the policy on Verizon's intranet, and he printed me out a copy. As a customer, however, I do not have access to that page, so that could not have been the specific fine print I agreed to. There are a number of forum posts about this issue:

But these are not service contracts to which I agreed, so I want a better explanation. Notably, the documentation linked in the first post, http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/MyVerizon/suspend_service.html, makes no mention of the 180-day maximum.

Could someone from Verizon please direct me to the place where I agreed to this policy, or credit my account accordingly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suspend Jetpack reconnected before 90 days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lehrblogger,

Not being fully informed of policy is a HUGE misstep. That being said, I'd like to apologize for the situation at hand. When it comes to a voluntary suspension, it is true that an automatic reconnection takes place after 90 days but allows you to re-suspend for another 90 days within a 12 month period via My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc or with our Customer Service Department. You can also find this information at http://vz.to/18HwKRM and then selecting "If I suspend my service, how long is the suspension period".

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lehrblogger

Thanks EvanO_VZW for the response, but unfortunately I still don't understand what happened that caused my device to reactive itself without notifying me.

I'm familiar with the 90 day policy, but that doesn't seem to be what came into play in this particular case. I suspended my account on September 26th, 2013 (approximately) and it reactivated itself on October 7th, 2013. That is much less than 90 days, so could that have occurred due to an error in the system? If there was another policy, where would I have been able to learn about it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey lehrblogger,

Thanks for the additional information.  That certainly is odd. Please follow and dm us your mobile number and account password. I'll review your account in detail to see exactly what happened.

Thanks,

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes