Sudden poor signal strength and dropped calls
GibsonSG

Why is the Verizon signal suddenly weak?
I travel for work and I'm experiencing dropped calls and dead spots in areas where they didn't occur before.

0 Likes
Re: Sudden poor signal strength and dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, GibsonSG. We would be happy to investigate this area with you, to figure out why your signal is not as strong as it used to be. What is the city and ZIP Code of the location you are experiencing this in? Also, does this only happen indoors, outdoors, or both? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
GibsonSG

Zip code for my home area is 24550 Lexington, VA but this is not only happening in my home area it is happening in a 5 state area of the mid-Atlantic. The signal used to be at least a bar or more stronger in most areas than it is now. Service quality seems to have diminished significantly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GibsonSG,

I appreciate the added information. I took a look at the area and we don't have any alerts or outages to report, so let's keep investigating this. Aside from phone calls, how are your other services working for you (texting and data)? What difference do you see when you're outdoors versus indoors? How are the services working for others around you when you're in the impacted area(s)? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
RABjr14

I’ve had the same experience over the last month - even got a new device when the local Verizon store suggested the problem was that mine was out of date (3 years old.) same issue with new phone - no service; dropped calls - all over Charlotte NC, especially in 28226 and 28210

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a consistent and reliable connection is vital. Let's see how we can help improve the wireless experience. Upon review there are not any outages in the areas mentioned and our coverage map shows LTE in both zip codes. Have you worked with us to file a network ticket for the dropped calls? Are you only experiencing this issue while indoors? 

0 Likes
tcsb

I have the same problem in zip code 93117.  Indoors or outdoors and only since I got the iPhone 12 mini

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you are able to keep a consistent connection is important, tcsb. Allow us the opportunity to further review the details. Are all of your services impacted (calls, text, data)? Do you know if others in your area are having the same experience? How far do you have to travel from this location to receive a proper connection? 

0 Likes
Hobbz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Verizon was the best service about two years ago. Now it is clearly one of the worst. I rarely have full bars at my house which has a tower 1/4 mile away with line of sight. 

0 Likes
drewmon79

I have the same problem in Surry 23883, Carrollton 23314, and Hampton, 23669

0 Likes