Strange number
rev_bkp

what does a number that appears on your cell phone mean 999-999-9999--called at 5am-don't know what it is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Strange number
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

999-999-9999 is a blocked number. Hope this answered your question.:smileywink:

0 Likes
rev_bkp

well-does that mean someone INTENTIONALLY hiding their REAL phone number --OR is it like a telemarketing thing? It's appeared 3 times around 4am-5am and 6pm now

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

rev_bkp wrote:

well-does that mean someone INTENTIONALLY hiding their REAL phone number --OR is it like a telemarketing thing? It's appeared 3 times around 4am-5am and 6pm now

A person calling on a blocked number would most likely have the intention to block their number on purpose.

0 Likes
deeaal

I noticed that to on my bill and it is also at strange hours of the night. Is there a way to block the number, so people calling with blocked numbers cannot contact me? And if so is this the same thing as when a number says Restricted?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

deeaal wrote:

I noticed that to on my bill and it is also at strange hours of the night. Is there a way to block the number, so people calling with blocked numbers cannot contact me? And if so is this the same thing as when a number says Restricted?

One way I know of is to set your phone to allow incoming call to only contacts. Some phones have this feature & others don't. Go into menu-->settings-->phone settings-->default last 4 digits of your phone number-->restrictions-->4 digit number again-->calls

-->incoming calls-->contacts only.  This would also mean that when people do call you on a regular number & don't block it, you cannot see if they have called unless they have a voice message. 

Restricted/unknown/blocked are on the same thing. 

0 Likes