Spending limit reversal
MaEloria
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's how my nightmare started.

I'm a new customer. I decided to switch carriers due to the poor service I got from my current mobile carrier. On August 14th, I went at the Verizon store to see what kind of deals that they have for new customers. Prior to going at the store I did my credit application online and I got approved for $3k financing limit. Yeyyy I got so excited!!! So when I came in to the store I was looking forward to get 4 lines which I did. I pre ordered 2 Samsung Note 10+ and 2 Samsung A10e. I also got the family plan which is a very good plan. Everything was set. They advised me to have the A10e's delivered the same time with the Notes to have all of them activated at the same time. They said I will get an email notification once they ship they equipments.

August 16th, Verizon charge my bank for $29. At first I thought they did a pre-charge to make sure that they have the right payment information. The next day I received the 2 Samsung A10e phones (earlier than expected). I didn't realize that once we turn on the phone the billing cycle with start. But that's okay. The other phones will arrive the next few days (that's my expectation). Everyday I check the status of my order and I don't get any updates. It only says "We receive your order and it's on process". So I thought maybe I will get an update the day they will release the Notes which is on the 23rd.

The day has come and everyone was so excited to get their new Samsung phones while I'm still waiting for notification. So I decided to contact customer service. They said they're unable to see the status of the order since it was done at the store so they advised me to go to the store to follow up. And I did. Same scenario, even the store rep can't tell the status of the order. They can see the order but they don't know why it's not letting them to modify the transaction. The store rep did some research and found out that on the 19th they attempted to collect the payment but it got declined. They said that they sent me a link to update the payment details but I told them I never received any email since I did my order. Later on we found out that the email address they have on file was incorrect. The first store rep who helped me with my order mispelled my email (okay it's a clerical error, it should be an easy fix). While they're trying to solve the issue I was on the phone with the CORE TEAM and an agent was helping to us solve the issue. The agent and her manager tried to resend the payment link but the system didn't allow them. So they made a suggestion of cancelling the pre order and do a new one but we will lose the Samsung credit promotion because it will not be a pre order anymore. And I agree to that (just to get things done). Before they cancelled the order they assured that whatever amount deducted from spending limit should go back and I should be able to process another order without me paying extra out of my pocket. I asked them twice and they said YES.

Order cancelled. The numbers from current carrier are all ready to be ported then BOOM! My spending limit says I only have $500 available and if I want to order the Notes I have to pay $1500. Seriously???? As I mentioned earlier, they will reverse the amount from cancelled order but it didn't happen! No suprise right? after verifying from them and saying there shouldn't be an issue after that happened. Take note I was on the phone with the CORE rep for more than 4hrs. and at the store for 5hrs. I did multiple calls because we got disconnected all the time. It was an exhausting day, I went home with no phones and issue unsolved. The store rep said to wait for 24hrs and my account will be update. So okay as if I have a choice.

August 24th, I chat with an agent online to confirm if there was any changes in my account. And it still says my available credit is $500. I explained what happened. They said the same thing, they will help me with the issues, escalate this and that but for every agent I talk to over the phone and online they give me different answers.

One agents said, there's no way they can reverse the used credit. One said it will take 15-30 mins to refresh my account and I should get an email about the it. One said it takes 24hrs to take effect and one said it takes 3 days to refresh my available credit. These are all from the online agents.

Agents from customer service voice hotline - we don't handle this type of issues let us transfer you to Telesales department. Telesales Dep - Unfortunately we cannot reverse or increase your credit limit because everything is based on your credit score (Really?for sure they can see how much credit I got approved when I signed up. The A10e phones total cost was around $400= so I should still have at least $2500) One agent said they will transfer me to their CORE TEAM. Great I'm back with them. Every time I was put on hold, after I waited for almost an hour to talk to an agent the call always disconnect. So I have to go back online and chat with an agent or I have to call them back and wait again.

I did everything I could and I spoke to supervisors and managers but none of them solved the issue. They keep transferring me to Telesales dep, Customer Services, Core Team and then go back again to Telesales it's like going around in circles and NO ONE can solve the issue. The issue is very simple. You have a credit line, you purchased something and got cancelled. All they need to do is put back the credit... issue solve!!!! but that didn't happen because no one knows who can deal and fix the issue. 

So today August 25th, I made a decision of closing the account and just returned the A10e phones. I did 2 attempts and Verizon doesn't want to cancel my account and kept trying to help me solve the issue. Here we go again!!! I talked to 4 different agents, transferred me to multiple departments that obviously wasn't able to fix the issue because if they did I wouldn't be posting this long exhausting traumatic story. The 3rd call they did AGAIN no surprise, call got disconnect. So much fun dealing with these agents.

I'm not intrested getting the phones anymore. All I want is to close the account and return the phones before it reached the 14th day because I'm not going to pay $250 on my first bill when I didn't get the plan that I'm suppose to get. I want to escalate this situation to the higher management of Verizon but I don't know how to contact them. Or will they even care. I'm just one customer and they get more customers everyday. I'm just the unfortunate one who had all these trouble. I'm really disappointed because most of my friends and collegues told me to switch to this company because you have a really good service. Well not for me I guess. And why would your online agents, voice agents and store reps will care of losing 1 customer? At the end of the day they will all get paid. They did they're job so what if there's one unsatisfied customer for the day. 

It is really frustrating and useless time it consumed. NONE of them solved the issue. Sad but please just close my account so I can move on. Thank you.

Re: Spending limit reversal
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. No one can close your account for you. If you close the account without porting the numbers elsewhere, you will lose the phone numbers. 

If you did the credit application online, why didn't you complete the purchase and start the port process online as well? The deals in the store are the same as online unless you went to a third party retailer and not a corporate store. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MaEloria
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went at the corporate store. And it's my choice to do the order at the store because I rather talk to someone personally instead doing it myself online. Stores and online have different deals just to let you know. 

I've read posts from other members ranting about their complaints too. I guess I have the right to do that as well. If you think my post is irrelevant, please skip or delete it from your page. I just want to share my experience with this carrier. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are sharing your experience with other customers not anyone at VZW who could do anything to correct it. It doesn't matter if I think your complaint is irrelevant or not. What I do think is posting your complaint in the one section (Suggestions for This Community space) of the community meant for improvements or issues about the functionality of the community forum itself isn't going to help you get your message read by the majority of the community members who actively participate in the community. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TheOnlyRemix
Enthusiast - Level 1

I re-joined Verizon in October 2019. I was approved $0 down and did not finish my purchase because I was waiting for payday (two days away) and on that Friday, my limit was decreased leaving a small down payment. I called and was told my small down payment was actually now $400. I was advised to contact the Verizon Core team.

What Verizon advised is that some applications will initially approve you for more than you are qualified for. That limit will be adjusted in the following days with further review of your credit reports.

A few weeks later, Verizon found an old account tied to my name with a small balance which caused this problem. I was only made aware of this because an order I placed went missing. I've since resolved the matter and was told it takes 24 - 72 hours to update your spending limit, etc. but that was not the case and it was ultimately concluded, I must still earn a higher spending limit like anyone else.

My limit has increased month over month:

December: $800 to $1000

January: $1000 to $1500 (also I'm now able to bill purchases to the account)

February $1500 to $2000

This goes against what Verizon advises, Verizon advises credit eligibility is reviewed periodically, roughly every 6 to 7 months. This is certainly not true, you can easily see a boost in 60 to 90 days.

Keri87pryor

I’m having the same exact issue plus add 10 days on the phone for 4-10 hours each day just trying to get my application submitted.  This company is a circus.  I too get transferred in circles.  No one can solve anything.   They pass the buck.   I have 2 phones of the 4 I needed with a 7k limit.  It’s not hard to see what I actually have or that the orders are cancelled.  This has been my worst mistake ever switching here.  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry about the spending limit situation as we want to ensure you have the right setup without problems from the system! To confirm there were 2  orders that were previously cancelled and the spending limit has not been updated? 

-Yale

0 Likes