Re: Spam calls increasing in frequency from the same prefix
siriusjamie
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are the exception to the internet

0 Likes
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Spam calls are not because Verizon sells your information. I have had Verizon for years, and only started recieving them recently...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

How am I the exception? I can't be the only person who doesn't give out their telephone number to just anyone. Even co-workers have to be at least 3 months employed before I give them my number.

mjfurey

I recently ported from AT&T to VZW.  I wish I hadn't.  I NEVER had this problem with AT&T because they offered a free app, Call Protect, which flagged certain numbers as suspected spam or fraud.

Absent that, since I don't know anyone else with the 610-844-**** exchange, aside from myself, can I block the other 9999 numbers?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

mjfurey wrote:

I recently ported from AT&T to VZW. I wish I hadn't. I NEVER had this problem with AT&T because they offered a free app, Call Protect, which flagged certain numbers as suspected spam or fraud.

Absent that, since I don't know anyone else with the 610-844-**** exchange, aside from myself, can I block the other 9999 numbers?

Verizon has a similar thing but it's $2.99 a line. i would suggest before switching carriers make sure that carrier offers all the features you are wanting.

0 Likes
KATREY68

My solution is to screen my calls by never answering any number I don't recognize. If it is a legitimate caller, say a return call from a business or a call from someone I know but I just didn't have their number in my directory yet, they tend to leave me a message. That doesn't seem to happen when it is a robocall.  Yes, I do have to go through the hassle of listening to a message and returning the call but I prefer to do that rather than than accept these unwanted calls.

0 Likes