Sony Z3V UPDATE
mld007usa

has anyone at verizon know when the sony Z3V will get the Lollipop update. Sony has released it for all products. According to them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sony Z3V UPDATE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to help put these feelings of betrayal aside. You are correct, Patster, there has been no updates to this model as confirmed here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ . As soon as the update is pushed to our customers the above link will be changed, so keep an eye out for any future news there.  Outside of this future release, how is the device working for you? We are here to help.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
theonlyway
Enthusiast - Level 1

End of July, beginning of August is the timeframe for the release.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Lollipop isn't all that. You're not missing anything.

Patster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sony has released two test lollipop versions for the Z3v. The last one was over six weeks ago. What is going on? I paid cash for my phone over a year ago and feel betrayed by Verizon. The Sony relationship has fallen apart and I believe Sony has gone out of their way to work with Verizon to no avail. The Z4v press announcement and then pulling the product before release is another black eye for Verizon. In the meantime, I want Lollipop released to my phone and am tired of waiting.

Patster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, Why is Verizon locking all these discussions on the lollipop release?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Apparently they aren't...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to help put these feelings of betrayal aside. You are correct, Patster, there has been no updates to this model as confirmed here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ . As soon as the update is pushed to our customers the above link will be changed, so keep an eye out for any future news there.  Outside of this future release, how is the device working for you? We are here to help.

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
randy1030
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've called Verizon customer service 3 times now about this issue and even reached out to Sony. Sony told me its all in Verizon's hands. Verizon says they have no information and do not know when there will be a firmware update or if one will come at all. I've been contemplating switching carriers due to the fact that Verizon is unwilling to help me out. I've expressed how ridiculous all this is to one rep and said theres nothing he could do. I explained my frustrations and informed him of my possible move to another carrier because of the lack of support for this phone and all he could say was "just make sure you have them port your number over to the new carrier you chose,unless you want an entirely new number ". Ive been a Verizon customer for many years and have never second guessed their value of me as a loyal customer until now. If I would even be allowed so much as the option to trade up to a device that hasnt been abandoned by Verizon that would make me more at ease. Instead I'm told that I just have to deal with this phone and its lack of recent firmware or pay up the difference of this phone to get another. So because of Verizon's shortcomings I have to cough up about $300 to be able to Edge Up to a decent phone. Verizon has done absolutely nothing to make this right.

0 Likes
randy1030
Enthusiast - Level 2

*he said there's nothing he could do

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randy1030,

We would not want to lose you over this experience. We want you to love the device you have and understand being able to update your device is important.  Our goal is provide you the most up to date information regarding your device as we receive it.  Have you already completed your Edge Upgrade?  We are here to help.

YareliMMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes