Somone's line added to my account without my consent?
kaymona

I have two lines originating from another state that were added to my account since may 15. How is that possible?? I spoke with customer reps though customer service, the AOL department's supervisors, and even the fraud dept. and to no avail they have not been removed. Since that day I've gotten the run around even as far as the call dropping while on hold. I have to start all over each time trying to maintain a sense of patience with the situation. WTH

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Somone's line added to my account without my consent?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, that's quite serious, kaymona! I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened. The Fraud department is absolutely the right team to speak with. However, I'd be happy to review your account and see what is currently being done, and what the next step is. Please reply to my Direct Message, so I can get the details needed to assist with your account.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Keep trying the fraud department...in the mean time, change you MyVZW password...and while you're at it, suspend the lines that were added without your consent so that whomever added them won't be able to use them while you're in the process of getting the lines removed.  Best of luck to you!

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think you can suspend without payment, it essentially extends the contract, but that shouldn't matter to you because the hope is they remove them in the next short while.

rcschnoor
Legend

One last thing you should do is to create a new billing pin # which is different than the last 4 digits of your SS#. That way, even if someone has your SS# they cannot add a line or purchase a phone without the billing pin #, too.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to log in and see the purchases of these devices under Documents and Receipts. If they were ordered online or purchased in a corporate store. If not, a call to VZW or a visit to a corporate store would be able to turn up the date and location where the phones were purchased.

Sorry to hear that something like this happened to you. It is terrible. My bank account information got compromised once and I felt so violated.

0 Likes