Someone posing as a Verizon rep?
davidmenges
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted a question to this forum and was emailed from someone claiming to be a Verizon rep.  She asked for my Verizon account password twice.  I didn't give it to her, and when I asked how to verify that she works for Verizon, she didn't respond.

Here's the contact information she used.  I'm not sure she isn't legit, but it's beginning to sound fishy to me.  I suggest being wary here.

jive-1476996037-3dksc-1swlb2-196b@verizonwireless.hosted.jivesoftware.com

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Someone posing as a Verizon rep?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where is the discussion thread of your other question?

from their profile and avatar I would deduce they are a VZW employee officially assigned to respond to posts on the Verizon Wireless Community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
davidmenges
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon and sent them the conversation.  Their reply:

I was able to link it to one of our Verizon Reps after some research. I am sorry for the confusion. This is a department that handles online inquiries. To answer the question you asked her, there is no way for you to verify that she is a VZW direct rep.

Our account is in my wife's name; I don't know the account password.  When I call Verizon I provide the last four digits of her SSN, and that suffices.  I (regrettably) provided them to this person emailing me before I became suspicious, but was again asked for our password - so, more than for a phone call, which doesn't seem right to me, but... false alarm.

davidmenges
Enthusiast - Level 2

She never posted to my question on the forum, so there was no avatar or profile to check.

0 Likes
deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

Well that is interesting. Good that you followed up cause you just never know.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should have posted to it, but it would have been under the generic name all the reps use here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I noticed your post davidmenges! We certainly want to assist you with all your Verizon Wireless concerns. Amber is part of our Social Media team and she would be able to address all your concerns. Please feel free to provide all information she request from you, so that she can assist you promptly.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
davidmenges
Enthusiast - Level 2

We arranged for her to call me at work today, on a land line since cell

service is inadequate. She never called.

The person I talked with a few days ago said the extender a tier 2 tech

said he would send on Jan 13 is in stock, and that she would remind him.

Haven't heard a word.

If you read my original post ("How to suggest a tower?") and events this

week, do you notice a trend?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 7:13 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
davidmenges
Enthusiast - Level 2

Btw, I gave her all info days ago.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
davidmenges
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my other post https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1214585#1214585 Bottom line:  in my experience, Verizon lies and doesn't deliver.  I'll be happy to post a better report if they ever do, but I have zero hope of that.

0 Likes