Re: Some text messages not received?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Cassie1321!

Wow! I am so sorry to hear about that important text that did not go through. I hope that this has not happened again or that we are in the process of fixing the issue. Let's see what we can do further here.

First off, are you using the standard messaging application on your phone (i.e. no 3rd party application)? I would want to make sure that there isn't an app on your phone that is preventing them from coming through.

Secondly, was this just from other carriers or also from Verizon Wireless phones? Was it just some contacts or all contacts? Was it just receiving or are some texts not being sent either? I would recommend clearing out old texts from that particular contact to make sure there isn't one in there that's preventing it from coming in. Also, was there ever a ticket filed with our network team to see why they were accepted in the network but not sent to the phone? If so, what is the number?

Please keep us posted on any updates. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
queensteryu

I am having a similar problem with texts to my husband.  We are both on the Vz network and both have the iPhone.  He only receives my texts on a particular thread.  If i try to send him a message on a new thread, he almost never receives it.  It will say delivered on my end, but he does not receive them.  So far, I've only noticed this happening between he and I.  This has been happening the past 2 weeks. It's annoying and I really hope there's a fix for it and soon! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi queensteryu!

Lets get those texts working! Does your husband have two different mobile numbers? Is that why there are two threads for the conversation? It sounds like one may contain his mobile number at 7 digits, rather than 10 so it won't actually deliver. Please double check this in the thread and his info in the address book. If 7 digit, please adjust to 10 digit and delete the text threads. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes