Some text messages not received?
Karen0312

Hi - does anyone else have an issue with text messages being received?  Same person I always send texts to, but some are received, some aren't.  Same on my end...I receive some but others I don't.  And it's not just with this one person, even with my daughter, who is upstairs and texts me, sometimes I get the text, sometimes I don't...and visa versa.  When I go online to my account, I can see that the texts appear to be received but they are not.  This almost caused the end of a relationship this weekend.  Not fun.  Can anyone else?  I have called Verizon....not much help...they said sometimes the texts get "stuck in the satellite"?????  So....do I get a discount for that????? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Some text messages not received?
HBarreras

This same thing keeps happened to me. I thought it was just my phone but I recently had to replace a damaged phone and it started happening on the new one. The text message never says "message not sent" but the time stamp on the text will change with the time on the phone. I sent a text today at 1:52pm, but when I check the time on the text it says I sent it at what ever time it is now. I called Verizon and they told me to dial *228 and update my roaming capabilities. This seems to fix the problem for a short time but it always happens again. No reason why.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Karen0312

It would be very frustrating to not receive certain text messages. I could see how missing parts of a text message thread would make communication very difficult. Let's look into this together and get it fixed.

How is your signal strength in your home? Does your device typically only display 1-2 bars of service? What type of device do you have? Are you using a text messaging application? For example: Handcent? If so please remove the application.

If you have a signature on your text messages, please remove and retest. A signature could be a smiley face icon or " Sent from Karen's phone".

Please let me know the answers to these questions, so we can get this resolved.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
EvilAlex

I got the same problem. I send long message consisting of 2 or more text messages in one shot and the person only receives the first part even though it reports as everything was sent. It happens whether I have full service or low service signal. Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Had Verizon messenger, removed it but problem still happening. Cleared cache and deleted threads but its still happening. No signature. Also turned it off and on several times. It started happening only recently and nothing changed in my routine or location. Its very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustrations EvilAlex, I would be as well! Does this happen with everyone you text or a particular person? Has there been any improvement when clearing the cache from the message application? Try deleting the text message thread and test it out again. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cassie1321

I, too, have been having many problems with not receiving text messages.  I have been dealing with this crap for 6 weeks now!!  I don't receive texts from various people, and it is very sporadic.  It shows in their sent box, but NEVER shows up in my inbox.  I have talked to about 8 different reps from VW and they keep coming up with excuses.  We have tried EVERYTHING!  They have even sent me a different phone and I am still having this problem.  I just got off the phone (again!) with them and they are sending me ANOTHER phone.  I have asked to get out of my contract with no ETF, but, of course, they won't allow that to happen.  They keep telling me that I "have to work with them"!!  Like I haven't given them several chances already!  My job is in jeopardy because my boss texted me something; I never received it; and he was NOT happy!!  He told me to "get the problem fixed"...I don't feel VW is living up to their end of the contract and I feel like I am paying a lot of money every month for an unreliable service.  I am pursuing reporting this to the FCC.  Needless to say, I got very angry with the last 2 people I have spoken with at VW and used some colorful language!  Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do next (before I lose my job!!)!!

0 Likes
EvilAlex

I thought I found a solution: accidentally broke my Galaxy Nexus so I bought Galaxy S3. Apparently the problem is still happening but now I'm thinking that it might be the problem with just that person. She is on AT&T service but has exactly the same phone, Samsung Galaxy S3. Unless there might be a service problem.

0 Likes
Smokedogg

Same problem here. Going on week 2 now. Last Wednesday stopped getting texts, then sometime on Friday my phone exploded with 21 messages. Same thing happened 2 days ago, yesterday, and now today! I have had Verizon for about 14 years and never really ever had any problems up until a couple weeks ago. Also tried the *228 thing and that didnt work.

Whats going on?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Cassie1321

Does the message that your boss supposedly sent to your phone show up in your MyVerizon account usage details as being received? If it doesn't show there or your phone, then it never made it through the network to your line. Can your boss prove that it was sent correctly from their phone and is recorded in their account usage details?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cassie1321

@Ann154

The texts are showing up in my account usage data as "received", but I am not getting them.  They aren't even coming in late...they aren't coming in at all.  This is very sproradic and no rhyme or reason as to which ones are not received.  On my second phone with same problems.  VW has another phone enroute to me as we speak.  It just seems as though VW isn't holding up their end of the contract (and I have been with them for 13 years!!).  Makes me wonder how things would go if I "sproradically" paid my monthly bill!!!

0 Likes