Sold new plan only to find out unlimited data plan dropped-not happy!!
madaboutvz

Situation #1 - Visited my local Verizon store to get a phone for my daughter to text and call me. Sales associate sold me new plan and without me knowing took my unlimited data plan I had away. I started getting notifications that I had never received before and dropped by to see what they meant. I was then told when as added my daughters phone the new plan didn't have unlimited data and I had used all the data but could easily add more data to my new plan for more money. I said that I would like to go back to my original plan and was informed that plan was no longer available. Nice bait and switch!!

I was telling everyone at my office about the disappointment in Verizon and they offered a suggestion of syncing my phone with the Wi-Fi.

Its nice to know that Verizon's solution was to sell me more data instead of helping their customer with a problem.

I will continue to tell my story to everyone that will listen and the bait and switch that Verizon pulls and also the lack of customer service.

Situation #2 - Went back to Verizon the upgrade phone to iPhone and was asked if I wanted to buy a bundle of accessories (otter box, screen protectors, and car charger). The sales associate told us the bundle was $50.00. We asked if we could think about the purchase and if we could still buy the bundle in a couple of days if we desired. He said yes. A couple of days later returned to the store to purchase the bundle and he new associate said the bundle now would cost $70.00. I informed them that the sales associate had said $50.00 and had my wife and daughter as witness and her response was, "he made a mistake and does that all the time. Do you want the bundle for $70.00"? I exited he store once again feeling nothing but anger toward Verizon.

Has this happened to you?

Walter

Personal info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sold new plan only to find out unlimited data plan dropped-not happy!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Situation #1- Unlimited data went away in 2012. You would have lost it eventually. The new More Everything plans are usually a better value for families with multiple data devices. You may have also received the data warnings dependent on when he new plan was made active. You should check to see what your pro-rated amount of data was as this may not fall into your norm and you just just may have enough to cover your usage on a regular basis. Setting you devices to connect to wifi when you arrive home (and other trusted places with wifi) will not only conserve your data but it will help conserve your battery.

Situation #2- There are 2 levels of the bundle. The last I hear in the $50 bundle you get a case up to $34.99, a charger (car or home) and a package of screen protectors up to $14.99. This bundle could include the Otterbox Commuter style case as it is $34.99. The $70 bundle is any case $35 or higher, charger and screen protector. Since the reps make money mostly on how much they get you to spend on accessories the second rep was the one that deceived you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually the loss of unlimited data should never been affected by the device purchase. It is opn the individual line. So if she purchased a new device at subsidy that line would get 2 GB of data. Nothing should have removed the unlimited from primary account.

If she purchased a device on her line (the mom) and it was for less than full price she would have lost unlimited data is used the device payment plan or paid full price for her device then it would have remained.

I have said this many times that Verizon is using any means to get that unlimited data away from customers. The customer has to have the information to not have that happen.

Good Luck

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The account was obviously put on More Everything. The customer was probably told that the by doing this they would pay X amount of dollars and this would be less than or the same as current bill. Maybe the rep didn't full explain or maybe the rep did and the OP misunderstood. Either way all of this information is out there and the OP could have done research before going to the store. When will people stop claiming ignorance and educate themselves. We all want the technology but don't use it. I have said before that if you're not sure of what you're doing ask questions and if you don't understand go back multiple times until you do. We have been buying cell phones and plans for way too long for it to be this confusing. It's actually very simple. People just don't take the time to listen to the reps explaining it.

Not applicable

And you are absolutely correct! I totally agree.