Smart Hub Data Limits
ROBKAU67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to order the LTE Installed for my rural home.  I was told that it is no longer available and that the SmartHub was the replacement.  I asked if the plans were the same as LTE installed and was told that they were.  I ordered the smarthub.

I'm reading today a ton of information on limits.  10G, 22G, Unlimited. 

I need an official answer or a link to an official answer. 

Is the smarthub 4G unlimited, available for a 40GB plan then $15 dollars a GB after that, throttled to 3G speeds at 22GB, or throttled to 3G at 10GB? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Smart Hub Data Limits
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

The SmartHub is not available on the Unlimited Plans any longer. You would need to choose a plan of 8GB or higher for the SmartHub.

0 Likes
ROBKAU67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is a 40 GB plan available like it was for the LTE Installed?  Is there throttling at any number?

0 Likes
ROBKAU67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recieved an answer from online chat.  Smarthub is absolutely stupid.  How you can adverstise wifi for the home and then throttle after 10GB. 

Official answer "The smarthub is what's called a data only device - meaning it bills the same way as a hotspot, or a cantenna, as an internet only device. IT has 10GB of 4G/LTE speed hotspot, then 600kbps after that for the remainder of your bill cycle"

0 Likes
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's important to us that you have the right plan to meet your needs, ROBKAU67. You've come to the right place for assistance. So we can better assist, please be on the lookout for a private message.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sarahrn86
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what is the trie answer? Is it really only 10?

Tags (1)
0 Likes