Slow data speeds in Downtown Los Angeles!
Emptykim

Last few weeks data has been painfully slow in downtown LA. Specifically 90071 zip code, cross streets of Hope St and 4th St.

Speedtest Results:

Ping: 76ms

Download: 0.24Mbps

Upload: 0.46Mbps

This is with 3 bars of LTE! This isn't the service I am paying for!! Who do I need to contact to complain about this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow data speeds in Downtown Los Angeles!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! Those are certainly not the type of LTE speeds we've come to expect, Emptykim. I checked for recent reports of trouble in 90071 and don't see this has been a common occurance. Was the speed test you provided indoors at the location you described? Do you notice the speeds reduced during spacific times of day or is it anywhere at any time?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jedizoomer

That is what is happening to me too!  I'm wondering if Verizon wireless is having LTE problems in southern Caifornia...

0 Likes
Emptykim

this seems to be a canned response lately from VZW. This problem is on going during weekdays and business hours getting worse according to time of business days. Meaning early mornings the speed is decent then towards the later morning through mid afternoon is horrible and unusable. I don't know about weekends and after hours. If you are not seeing a "problem" it's probably because they are not giving you access to the correct information.

0 Likes
Emptykim

And yes this was indoor. But my work place hasn't changed in the past 9 years so my comparisons is in the same office building in the same office space.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it Emptykim, we're here to get things moving in the right direction! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! What device make/model do you have?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Emptykim

Apple iPhone 5s and iPad Mini.

I'll be back in DTLA 8/25 and 8/26. Hope its resolved or at least a plan in place by then.

0 Likes
pixelrebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening to me too.  About two weeks ago LTE just dropped off.  Here's the results of my speed tests this week:

Mon 8/18 - 0.46 Down, 5.89 Up (culver city)

Mon 8/18 - 0.15 Down, 1.24 Up (LAX)

Tue 8/19 - 0.18 Down, 6.75 Up (culver city)

Tue 8/19 - 0.32 Down, 7.25 Up (LAX)

Wed 8/20 - 1.2 Down, 8.76 Up (culver city)

Wed 8/20 - 0.54 Down, 4.87 Up (LAX)

Thu 8/21 - 0.37 Down, 7.27 Up (culver city)

I'm so glad I found this thread because customer service immediately thinks its my phone.  They told me to clear my browser history, what the hell??  Where can I go to get a serious answer?

I have an iPhone5 running iOS 6.1.4.  My wife is on an iPhone5s running iOS 7.1.2 and she is experiencing the same issues.

0 Likes
stevekrueger

I am having similar issues and am close to downtown. (90027) .

August 21st, 2014;  .85 Down, .34 Up (Silverlake, 90027)

It's not my phone; I've checked another device in my home that's on Verizon and it's having difficulty with data as well. 

Also, I dropped a call twice, something that's never ever happened with Verizon in Los Angeles.  Middle of the city, 10 freeway, mid-day, around Crenshaw. 

0 Likes
pixelrebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, you know, I haven't dropped a call yet, but my call quality has degraded too.  While I was on the phone with support, we could barely communicate over all the echoing.   I think someone took a dump on Verizon's SoCal network.

0 Likes