Slow data speed in part of Aurora MO
ArtMorris

I recently switched back to Verizon and  bought the new Iphone 7 Plus.

Generally, I am VERY impressed with data speeds on the Verizon network in the southwest Missouri area.  However, there's one tower site on highway 60 on the south side of Aurora, Missouri that is very slow.  Speed tests between 1 and 2megs.   Verizon recent built a new tower on the north side of town, with incredibly fast data speeds.  60megs+ on speedtest.net.

But, if I'm on the south side of town (apparently on the older tower), speeds are very slow.

Cell Identity: 55900929     UARFCN-5230

Thanks, Art [Removed]   Aurora, MO

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow data speed in part of Aurora MO
adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want you to have awesome speeds all over, ArtMorris. I'm here to help. Do other people have trouble in this area? When did the slowness begin over there?

0 Likes
ArtMorris

I have also tested the speed on my wife's Iphone 6s with the same result.   I also spoke to a friend of mine, who is a business customer with numerous phones, who says that particular site has been slow for over a year, and he has reported it to his business rep several times.

He assumed that the new (north)site was built to reduce traffic on the south tower.   He was hoping service would improve on the south tower, but has not.

Thank you for your attention.  I can give you addtional contact information if you need it.

Art [Removed]

Aurora, MO

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We understand the importance of having fast speeds, ArtMorris. Let's look at this in more detail. Are there any others in the area with the same issues? Can you make calls and text?

0 Likes