Slow data on unlimitednoption
VolJoe07

Why when I switched to unlimited data has my speed decreased? is verizon throttleing down my speed?  now I can't even get my email to show up after it loads for 3-4 minutes.  This is quite pitiful for this company.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow data on unlimitednoption
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which device are you experiencing this issue with? How much data have you used?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VolJoe07

I've used 0.65 GB, my zip is 45212. No reason it should be this slow.

0 Likes
VolJoe07

iPhone 6+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VolJoe07, we want to ensure you remain in the LTE fast lane. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. With the unlimited plan, speeds are deprioritized only when 22GBs of data has been met and if network traffic is high or it's slowed to 3G speeds if 10GBs has been met on the hotspot for the hotspot use. We're not showing any issues with our data services in Cincinnati so your speeds definitely aren't being slowed by us if those aforementioned restrictions haven't been met. Is this happening everywhere in that zip code and at all times of the day? Have you tried removing and reinserting your SIM card in case it's not reading properly on the network? Please share a little more detail regarding your experience.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
homiec

I just switched to the unlimited plan and have the same issue.  Data speeds so slow it's almost useless! Was many times faster before the 'upgrade'.   And no, Verizon, I'm nowhere near the 22GB limit or the 10GB hotspot limit.  VERY frustrating.  If not fixed soon, I will change carriers.  Zip code is 93436.

0 Likes
marcdaniells

I'm having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we properly look into your concern, homiec. Upon review, I am not showing any issues in your area. Have you attempted any troubleshooting to resolve this issue? If so, which steps did you take?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
homiec

Thanks and yes I've tried troubleshooting. I've rebooted the phone, cleared

app cache, reinserted the SIM card. As others in the forum have noted, the

slow data speeds started right after upgrading to the unlimited data plan.

It really appears the network is moving unlimited data users all over the

country to the back of the line well before the data cap in the user

agreement has been reached.

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 12:13 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
TheBearKing
Enthusiast - Level 1

This should open everyone's eyes just by using your memory and a little research. 1G first came out, then 2G. Now with 3G, we were able to stream Netflix at a good 5mbps (that's avg with 3G). Then came out a software modification called HSPA+, which means no new hardware was involved to get up to 42mbps. This is still 3G, which at this time was faster than home ISP in the USA. Granted don't compare to other country's, or you will seriously get upset and I don't want that (or do I? True example: Avg USA home ISP at this time for $45/month got you 15mbps download and 1mbps upload. Japan for $40/month(US Dollar) you got 500mbps for both download and upload)). Any way back to my memory and research. So HSPA+ is only software update allowing 42mbps. 4G LTE (also WiMax) came out with capable speeds of 1gbps up and download speeds. I remember getting 70-200mbps when 4G LTE and WiMax, first came out, on speed tests. Then the carriers did away with unlimited plans. At that point you see the peak of the curve (only in USA). From there to now you notice speeds have gone from 70-200mbps to what they are now. I personally get 1-8mbps 99% of the time. The other 1% I do get up to 20mbps. So to recap USA history. We go from 1G to 2G to 3G to 4G to 3G (Verizon's fine print states will deliver 5-12mbps, which is in fact 3G speeds). I wonder what will come next? Is this a good thing or bad thing? Well to sort of get off topic but for valid reason (this is where research comes in, so do your own). Science has proven that frequencies (radio waves) bombarding people has a serious health impact on the avg healthy person. But certain frequencies in fact can heal(note: none on the USA though). So given the avg healthy person on the globe definitely does not live in USA, are these carriers going backwards in tech a good thing? You decide.

0 Likes