Slow LTE speeds 83814
KatNrick

Why is the 4G/LTE speed so slow?  During the week, 1-2Mbps is good.  Many times sub 1Mbps.  Friends in other areas are always bragging about their LTE speeds being in the mid 20Mbps on a bad day.

Similar speeds 83835

83854 is usually in the lower to mid teens.

Going north from 83835 will pickup speed once you pass the Hwy 95/Hwy53 junction to the 8-9Mbps/mid teens.

Is North Idaho just an orphan stepchild for Verizon?

TNX

K

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow LTE speeds 83814
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KatNrick We love all our customers the same and don't ever want you to feel like a step child!4G/LTE speeds should definitely be within the range of 5-12 Mbps (download) and 2-5Mbps (upload). The zipcodes you posted aren't showing any issues in them. What zipcode are you in when seeing the slower speeds?  What model phone do you use?

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KatNrick

Thank you for responding SandyS

As stated in the thread title, zipcode 83814

Speed gets better when transitioning from 83814 to zipcode 83835 northbound.

Speed gets even better when transitioning northbound on Hwy 95 after crossing the Hwy 53 intersection.  ie: parked near the Garwood tower.

Speed improves significantly when transitioning westbound the closer you get to Spokane, WA

Motorola RazrM

Most people we talk to say the sub 1Mbps is pretty much normal for zipcode 83814 during weekdays.

Many times, my home, fixed wireless ISP provisioning of 1.5Mbps is faster than LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that clarification! I am not seeing that there have been any issues reported in the area. Is this a recent occurance? Did you have these speeds with previous devices, before your Razr M?

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KatNrick

The RazrM is the only data device we've owned.  It would be difficult for me to understand why the device would matter since other areas as indicated above provide respectable speeds.

These speeds are typical for most users that I query in the 83814 area and have existed every time that I run a speedtest.

Others asked indicate that the further east a person goes from Spokane, WA, the more overloaded the VZW system seems to get.

I think most people have stopped reporting issues because nothing ever changes.  That could be why you do not see any reported issues.

0 Likes