Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,547 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Slow Data Without hitting quota on Beyond Unlimited (Madison, Wisconsin)
SIMSOH18

I've been performing speed tests on my Verizon Iphone X, and have been disappointed with my download speeds. I'm constantly hitting below 5 Mbps while my coworkers on ATT are getting around 25 Mbps (on the same servers). Is anyone else experiencing the same slowness in the Madison, Wisconsin area?

Here are a few of my tests:

DateDownoad (Mbps)Upload (Mbps)Location
7/30/2018 7:06pm8.663.72Madison, Wisconsin
7/30/2018 5:45pm1.2312.3Madison, Wisconsin
7/28/2018 12:48pm4.788.86Madison, Wisconsin
7/28/2018 12:37Pm1.6814.5Madison, Wisconsin
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow Data Without hitting quota on Beyond Unlimited (Madison, Wisconsin)
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's called congestion. You don't have to hit your limit to be affected by that. Just because you can use the HOV lane at rush hour doesn't mean your going to be going the speed limit you'll just be going faster than the rest of the slow poke.

0 Likes
dizzy442
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not necessarily true. With BeyondUnlimited your data speeds should only slow (when congested) after you hit the 22GB. Only with GoUnlimited will the data speeds slow at anytime when the network is congested.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

dizzy442 wrote:

Not necessarily true. With BeyondUnlimited your data speeds should only slow (when congested) after you hit the 22GB. Only with GoUnlimited will the data speeds slow at anytime when the network is congested.

You don't understand how congestion works. You can only be DEPRIORITIZED after 22 GB you can be congested at anytime. Mobile data isn't magic is can certainly be congested at any time there are too many people using too much data tower at one time.

0 Likes
dizzy442
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok. So what is stated on the site is false or am I reading it wrong? *After 22GB/line, in time of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic* beyondUnlimited. 75GB for AboveUnlimited

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your question,SIMSOH18. It really depends on your plan as the other community members suggested. Congestion is temporary and if you have Go Unlimited, you can have speeds slowing down due to congestion any time of the day. If you have Beyond unlimited, you will not experience slow speeds until you have reached 22GB. Here is a link with more details about Unlimited plan differences. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/compare-unlimited/

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIMSOH18,

We want to make sure your phone is working properly. Let's look into this issue further. 4G speeds are 5-12 Mbps for upload, and 2-5 Mbps for download. What is your ZIP Code? Is your iPhone up to date with the latest iOS?

0 Likes