Re: Silicon Valley, home of the SLOWEST 4G LTE Verizon data speeds
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

Screenshot_2013-08-05-11-56-42.png

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

- Sure, rub some salt our wounds, will ya!  

Your speed test results match what I used to get from Verizon when their 4G LTE was rolled out.

Yes, I noticed the info in the red box, thank you.    In what city were these speed tests run?

Thank you!

0 Likes
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

Sacramento, California

Here is what I am getting on my Verizon Wireless USB Modem, so yeah I noticed it slowed down a lot.  I blocked out the static IP address.

Picture 7.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there c1ph3r2u,

We absolutely want to continue to assist, but in order to do so you are going to need to follow me and direct message me your mobile number and the NRB ticket number.  I am now following you.  If you could please follow me and dm me the requested information we can review your account to see what the next course of action would be.

If you are having trouble please reach out to us at 1-800-922-0204 or *611 from your cellphone and we can review your ticket that way.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Greetings

Thank you for your offer to look into this outage for me.  I've sent a direct message to you as soon as I could, but unfortunately this site was just like my data service, down. 

If you are having trouble please reach out to us at 1-800-922-0204 or *611 from your cellphone and we can review your ticket that way. 

Please note that I did exactly what you suggested when I encountered this issue.  I however do not have an additional 45-60 minutes free time to make another phone call to support.  I'll be unnecessarily redundant here yet again, Verizon's outage reporting process is catastrophically broken and needs to be fixed!

I look forward to hearing back from you.  I will update this posting when you have taken action as other customers impacted by this outage are following this thread via social media. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This community forum had a scheduled maintenance downtime yesterday. Its announcement was and is currently posted on the home page for the VZW Community forum.

If there are other "customer" supposedly following this thread because they were also experiencing an outage, they should also post their issues in this thread. It might give more weight to the topic so that it no longer appears as if it is just one person reporting it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Update: nicholasb_vzw has taken up the request for action and provided an update.   The cause of the outage has been identified and local techs are working towards resolution.  A certain phone manufacturer's facility nearby is using up the bulk of the data bandwidth.  An ETA for a finalized fix is not known at this time.

nicholasb_vzw has promised to provide updates every 2-3 days whether or not there is any new information regarding this outage.

He has also promised to put in support tickets for the other locations listed in this thread that have spotty coverage.  Feel free to list other locations in Silicon Valley that need attention into this thread.

Thank you nicholasb_vzw for your support and for taking action where others have failed to do so!

0 Likes
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

C1ph..,

Thank you for the original post.   I posted about this about 2 weeks ago .https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/802541

I live in San Francisco 94117  on Cole St near golden gate park and I used to have great speeds. (Close to Coit tower) however , the last 3 mos have been horrendous. I have both a wireless hot spot and a phone and have performed speed tests using both speakeasy and Root Metrics.  I have reported all my speed tests in all my destinations using root metrics since they use those tests to compare all the carrier's and post all their results in a map so the data can speak for itself.  Having less than AOL/dial up speeds in such a tech hub is shameful. Verizon please get this resolved soon.

I also work downtown SF in the financial district (Pine and Front)  and the speeds have been horrible there as well. My sprint 4G speeds (not even LTE) were much better.  These results are  from central areas right in the city.  I decided not to post the results from this w-end during Outside Lands festival since smoke signals were reaching destinations quicker than Verizon.

545894855- 8-21.png545894027-8-12.png522011211-7-21.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You shouldn't have to deal with such a horrible experience, t2mobile. I'm sorry. We need to get this resolved ASAP. Have you previously opened a resolution ticket with tech support to address these issues. Do you have problems with calls? Or are the problems all with data. I look forward to hearing back from you. 

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Disgruntled_Customer

Yup, Silicon Valley is not a guarantee of Verizon data performance.

I work on Orchard Parkway in San Jose at the intersection with Plumeria, which is very close to the 1st and Trimble location noted by the original poster.

Trying to load web pages on my smart phone is torture.  I can see the progress bar start moving, it stutters to about 75% and then just seems to give up.  Why a page can start loading and never complete is beyond me.  Eventually after serveral resubmissions, it seems to finally complete.

Strangely, this only seems to be an issue during office hours.  Once 5pm or so comes around, I can suddenly surf on my phone again. 

Unfortunately, I'm about ready to go home at that point.  This is very frustrating because I rely on my phone to handle many matters during office hours.

I saw a similar problem years ago, which Verizon fixed.  Not sure what changed on the network, but the problem is back again.  Our company has hundreds of corporate plan Verizon users.  Please Help Us!

0 Likes